ZIF Marie Curie 5-year Research Fellowships.The Zukunftskolleg of the University of Konstanz is offering up to six Marie Curie 5-year research fellowships and four Zukunftskolleg research fellowships in any discipline represented at the University of Konstanz. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country):University of Konstanz | Germany
Level: Research Program.
Field(s): any discipline represented at the University of Konstanz.
Deadline: September 30, 2013.
Funded By: The Marie Curie call for applications is part of the Zukunftskolleg Incoming Fellowship Program and is financed by the Seventh Framework Program (FP7) Marie Curie Actions – People (co-funding of regional, national and international programs), the German Research Foundation (DFG) and the University of Konstanz.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ZIF Marie Curie 5-year Research Fellowships are Open for International applicants.
‣ Award No: The Zukunftskolleg of the University of Konstanz offers up to six (6) Z Marie Curie 5-year Research Fellowships and four (4) Zukunftskolleg Research Fellowships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are awarded for five years. The Fellowships will begin on June 1, 2014, and end on May 31, 2019.
‣ Scholarship covers: Each Fellow receives Start-up Funding and a Research Allowance. Furthermore, a pool is available for funding cooperative projects, research assistants, travel, and equipment purchases. Each Fellow is a member of both a university department and the Zukunftskolleg. A Mentoring Committee supports each Fellow in her/his career development. This committee consists of an experienced researcher from the Fellow’s research field within the university department, as well as an advanced Research Fellow of the Zukunftskolleg.
The ZIF Marie Curie 5-year Research Fellowships consist of an employment contract with the University of Konstanz in accordance with the public sector staff tariffs of the federal states (TV-L; depending on personal qualifications and up to salary group 14 TV-L). Fellows are expected to have their place of residence in Konstanz.
‣ The University of Konstanz, with its “Institutional Strategy to promote Top-Level Research,” has been receiving continuous funding since 2007 within the framework of the Excellence Initiative by the German Federal and State Governments.
‣ The Zukunftskolleg of the University of Konstanz offers up to six (6) ZIF Marie Curie 5-year Research Fellowships and four (4) Zukunftskolleg Research Fellowships (any discipline represented at the University of Konstanz) to develop and implement individual research projects.
‣ The Marie Curie call for applications is part of the Zukunftskolleg Incoming Fellowship Program and is financed by the Seventh Framework Program (FP7) Marie Curie Actions – People (co-funding of regional, national and international programs), the German Research Foundation (DFG) and the University of Konstanz.
‣ The rules and ethical principles for the FP7 and the DFG guidelines apply.
In order to be eligible for ZIF Marie Curie 5-year Research Fellowships, candidates must fulfil all of the eligibility criteria:
‣ Applicants must have a doctoral degree;
‣ Applicants cannot currently hold a permanent position as full professor, or the equivalent of the German venia legendi (“Habilitation”);
‣ Applicants must have already secured a research grant of at least 50,000 Euros or an equivalent amount of funding to be used for their research while at the Zukunftskolleg;
‣ Candidates with their own position funded by another program, which can be transferred to Konstanz, are also eligible;
‣ Applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz;
‣ Applicants must submit all required documents by the specified deadline, including two letters of reference;
‣ Fellows are selected on the basis of their academic excellence, the quality and topicality of their research project outline, personal aptitude with regard to leadership and team skills, and interdisciplinary interest.
‣ They are looking for extraordinary personalities who are able to think beyond their own disciplines, who communicate their results effectively, who can interact with researchers from different faculty cultures and to mediate between them in order to overcome fragmentation of research.
‣ A topical connection to the research profile of the University of Konstanz is expected. International experience in teaching or research, and a strong interest in interdisciplinary topics are desirable.
‣ The applications are selected in a three stage process:
‣ Candidates will be informed of the final decision and the evaluation of the strengths and weaknesses of their applications approximately one week after the workshop.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted via our online application portal. All required documents should be in pdf format.
‣ The following materials are required to submit the application:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 30 September 2013.
You may also like