ZIF Marie Curie Postdoctoral Incoming Fellowships (ZIF-MC) in Germany, and applications are submitted till May 18, 2015. Applications are invited for 2-year Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Konstanz. These fellowships are available to researchers regardless of their nationality and field of research. The Fellowships will begin on February 1, 2016, and end on January 31, 2018. The target group consists of excellent researchers at the postdoctoral level, leadership abilities and a capacity for teamwork, so that they can reasonably be expected to take up leading roles in academia and European research and innovation policy. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: postdoctoral research program.
Field(s): any discipline represented at the University of Konstanz.
Deadline: May 18, 2015
Funded By: This call for applications is part of the Zukunftskolleg Incoming Fellowship Program (ZIF) and is financed by the Seventh Framework Program (FP7) Marie Curie Actions – People (co-funding of regional, national and international programs), the German Research Foundation (DFG) and the University of Konstanz
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): ZIF Marie Curie Postdoctoral Incoming Fellowships are targeted for Researchers regardless of their nationality are eligible to apply for these Marie Curie postdoctoral fellowships.
‣ Award No: The Zukunftskolleg of the University of Konstanz offers up to six (6) ZIF Marie Curie 2-year Postdoctoral Fellowships to the applicants.
‣ Scholarship Duration: ZIF Marie Curie Postdoctoral Incoming Fellowships are awarded for a period of 2 years. The Fellowships will begin on February 1, 2016, and end on January 31, 2018.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Postdoctoral Fellowship consists of an employment contract with the University of Konstanz in accordance with the public sector staff tariffs of the German federal states (TV-L; depending on personal qualifications and up to salary group 13 TV-L). Fellows are expected to have their place of residence in Konstanz. An additional mobility allowance is provided where necessary. Each Fellow receives a mobility allowance and a research allowance. Furthermore, a pool is available for funding cooperative projects, research assistants, travel, and equipment purchases. Each Fellow is a member of both a university department and the Zukunftskolleg. A Mentoring Committee supports each Fellow in her / his career development.
‣ The University of Konstanz belongs to the universities in Germany whose “Future concepts for top-class research at universities” is promoted within the framework of the Excellence Initiative of the German federal and state governments.
‣ The Zukunftskolleg is a central scientific institution of the University of Konstanz for the promotion of young researchers in the natural sciences, humanities and social sciences, and is an integral component of the institutional strategy “Model Konstanz — Towards a Culture of Creativity.” The Zukunftskolleg forms a platform for interdisciplinary discourse between distinguished researchers in Germany and abroad, and provides them with resources for obtaining extramural funding.
‣ Candidates must be in possession of a doctoral degree (PhD thesis submitted anddefended) at the moment of the decision within the second committee meeting – September 28-29, 2015;
‣ Candidates must not hold a permanent position, a professorship, or have an habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi);
‣ Candidates with their own position funded by another program, which can be transferred to Konstanz, are also eligible (other EU funding is not eligible);
‣ Applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz. Applicants should contact potential mentors (Local Hosts) among the researchers at the University of Konstanz in order to ensure appropriate affiliation. Support from the department strengthens the application;
‣ Applicants must have had their main residence and worked outside Germany for 24 months or more during the three years prior to the application deadline (time frame: May 19, 2012- May 18, 2015);
‣ All ethical issues raised by a proposed project (if applicable) must be described in the project outline. The candidate should explain how these will be addressed, so as to conform with national and Seventh Framework Program (FP7) ethical principles. For advice, please see the CORDIS website on ethics and contact the Zukunftskolleg office. If a proposed project that has passed the peer review stage raises any ethical issues, it is forwarded for review by the University of Konstanz Ethics Committee.
Selection Criteria for ZIF Marie Curie Postdoctoral Incoming Fellowships
‣ Fellows are selected on the basis of their academic excellence, the quality and topicality of their research project outline, personal aptitude with regard to leadership and team skills, and interdisciplinary interest.
‣ International experience in teaching or research, and a strong interest in inter-disciplinary topics are desirable. Applications are evaluated in a two-stage process:
‣ Candidates will be informed of the final decision and the evaluation of their own strengths and weaknesses after the second selection phase at the beginning of October 2015.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ All applications and supporting materials must be submitted in English via the Online Application Platform.
‣ The required documents include a completed application form, a letter of motivation, research propo-sal, curriculum vitae, a writing sample, and two letters of reference. Applicants are encouraged to check their eligibility before submitting their proposal.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on May 18, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.