Zawadi Africa Education Fund is targeted for gifted girls from disadvantaged backgrounds from Africa. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): The Zawadi Africa Edu. Fund | USA
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): In any subject
Funded By: The Zawadi Africa Education Fund
Beneficiaries( Target Group): This scholarship is targeted for gifted girls from disadvantaged backgrounds from Africa.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions): yearly scholarships available
‣ No. of Awards: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Covers: Annuallyscholarships available
‣ The Zawadi Africa Edu. Fund is a program designed to provide scholarships to academically gifted girls from disadvantaged backgrounds from Africa to pursue higher education in the US.
‣ The Zawadi Africa Education Fund is based on the highly successful Kennedy/Mboya Student airlifts of the 1960′s, through a partnership with individuals and institutions with an interest in creating leadership Read More.
‣ Please take some time to navigate around the website, see the results achieved to date and find out about our relationships with some of the worlds best colleges.
‣ Get to know some of our students, where they have come from and the amazing opportunities that they are exploring, together with the outstanding growth resulting from these experiences.
‣ Understand our core principle “Each One Teach One” and where it will lead into the future…
‣ For the potential Students, you will find all the resources you need to make application through the Zawadi programs.
The aim of the program
‣ Africa lags far behind its counterparts even in the ranks of developing nations, on most of the measures of development, including literacy, healthcare, child mortality, and economic power, with +40% of the population in sub-Saharan Africa living on less than a dollar a day.
‣ The population in sub-Saharan Africa is growing younger each year, and the gap between rich and poor in Africa has grown wider, since independence, with the inevitable growth of joblessness, crime and the accompanying issues of HIV/aids and poverty.
‣ To break this vicious cycle, we need to provide access to basic tools of empowerment (education, healthcare, jobs) to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged in our society (rural women), carefully seeding the most disadvantaged communities with thought leaders who can advance the agenda of their communities.
‣ WHO economic data has shown that funding projects for the caregivers in a community pays out significantly better, faster and more effectively, than by funding the existing leadership.
‣ As such Zawadi Africa Education Fund believes that empowering women and young people in the poorest communities in Africa to become self sufficient, and instilling in them an ethic of community responsibility is the surest way to close the rich-poor gap, and uplift these communities.
‣ In India and China, the government’s investment in higher education, job training and technology is paying out in improved mortality rates, and improved economic status as Indian workers leverage the internet, and other technology to stimulate commerce.
‣ The graduates of the Zawadi Africa Edu. Fund will go back to their communities to create and lobby for jobs, improved education and improved healthcare.
To avail Zawadi Africa Education Fund, candidates must meet the following criteria
1. She is a girl
2. Has demonstrated academic excellence (A-)
3. Has demonstrated leadership qualities.(A prefect, demonstrates initiative)
4. Has overcome insurmountable odds to attain academic excellence (financially)
Scholarship Application Method:
1. If you meet the above criteria please fill the application forms below.
2. Attach a one page Biography TYPED of yourself with a passport photo highlighting your family background, educational background, hobbies and activities you have undertaken in school and in your community and your aspirations.
3. Short listed candidates will be called for an interview a month after the submission of this application.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: Undefined.
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
‣ Undergraduate Scholarships
‣ USA Scholarships
‣ Women Scholarships