Young India Fellowship Programme for Postgraduate Students in India, and applications are submitted till 15th December 2015. Applications are invited for the Young India Fellowship programme for 2016/2017 academic year. Young India Fellowship is a one year postgraduate residential programme. The Fellows come from diverse cultural and academic backgrounds and contribute to the cross-flow of ideas and inspired learning which adds to liberal education that the Fellowship offers. Fellows will receive a full or partial scholarship to cover the entire fee, boarding and lodging when they enter this prestigious fully-residential, full-time programme. Applicants will be doing internship in a project based on their liking and background. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | India
India Fellowship is a one year postgraduate programme at Ashoka
are awarded in multi-disciplinary programme focused on the Liberal
Arts. Fellows take classes in a range of subject areas that cover
anthropology to ethics, life sciences to climate change, art
appreciation to entrepreneurship.
15th December 2015.
Federation for Research and Education (IFRE) and University of
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Young India Fellowship Programme is targeted for Indian students
‣ Award No: The programme brings together around 225 students from across India for a one-year postgraduate Fellowship.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Young India Fellowship is a one year residential programme.
covers: The Young
India Fellowship offers scholarships that cover, in full or in part:
-Tuition expenses for lectures and workshops delivered by the very best teachers and experts from around the world
-Board and lodging expenses
-Cost of reading and course materials, library subscriptions and purchase of text books
Applicants will be doing an internship in a project based on their liking and background. YIF has conceived the Experiential Learning Module, or ELM, to complement the academic work with real work experience. The ELM work is supported by a team of coaches who provide essential guidance on structuring business problems, analysis and presentations. Fellows will undertake eight month-long engagement with an organisation after completing the first two terms of the programme.
‣ The Young India Fellowship Programme (YIF) is a one-year multidisciplinary postgraduate diploma programme in Liberal Studies.
‣ The Fellowship brings together a group of bright young men and women who show exceptional intellectual ability and leadership potential from across the country, and trains them to become socially committed agents of change.
‣ YIF exposes them to a diverse set of subjects and perspectives, delivered by some of the finest teachers from India and around the world.
‣ The aim is to help Fellows become well-rounded individuals who are able to think critically about issues from multiple perspectives, communicate effectively and go on to become self-aware leaders with a commitment to public service.
recognized undergraduate or postgraduate degree
who are in the final year of their undergraduate or postgraduate
more than 28 years of age on 31st May, 2016
The Fellowship promotes diversity and applicants from all areas of specialisation are encouraged to apply. While applicants who have been educated in a vernacular language as their medium of instruction are welcome, it is expected that they will be able to converse, read and write in English.
Selection Criteria for Young India Fellowship Programme
the unique nature of the programme there is no “one” kind of
profile for a Young India Fellow. However, the following points are
being presented to give a broad idea of what they look for.
Young India Fellow could be someone who has:
applications will be reviewed by the selection committee consisting
of faculty and executive members of the programme spread across
different parts of the world.
application review, shortlisted applicants will be interviewed on
‣ Candidates shortlisted after the telephonic interview will be called for in-person interview between 28th October 2015 – 15th March 2016.
offers to 1st-round applicants will be from 1st February to 30th
March 2016 and Final offers to wait-listed applicants will be
from 1st June till 6th June 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
are required to submit a detailed application dossier.
selection process includes the following stages: evaluation of the
submitted application, telephone interview, a short on-the-spot essay
writing test followed by a personal interview.
students could choose one of the two following ways to apply to the
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th December 2015.
forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
is important to read the application procedure, and visit the
official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how
to apply for