World Bank Group Fellowship. The World Bank Africa Region is offering fellowship program for PhD students of African descent. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA (Washington D.C)
Level: World Bank Group Fellows will spend a minimum of six months getting hands-on experience at World Bank headquarters in Washington D.C. Fellows will be expected to complete a research project and prepare a research paper to present to staff.
Field(s): Fellows will work on economic policy, technical assistance to countries, and lending for eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity.
Deadline: Contact Employer
Funded By: The World Bank Africa Region
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): W o r l d Bank Group Fellowship is targeted for Students of African descent.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellows will spend a minimum of six months at the World Bank in Washington, D.C.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellows will receive consultant fees, round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. from their university, and worker’s compensation insurance.
‣ The Africa Region of the World Bank Group is launching the World Bank Group Fellowship Program for Ph.D. students of African descent.
‣ The program will increase the diverse workforce that is a priority for the Bank and its clients.
‣ The Fellowship Program aims to build a pipeline of researchers and professionals from the African Diaspora, particularly women, who are interested in working in the development field at home or abroad, and in starting careers with the World Bank Group.
‣ “The Fellowship Program represents an incredible opportunity not only for young African scholars to conduct research and develop their careers in development, but also for the World Bank Group to learn from their experiences and fresh insight, as well as absorb the tremendous energy young people can contribute to our work and mission,” said Sean McGrath, Vice President for Human Resources at the World Bank Group.
To be eligible for World Bank Group Fellowship, candidates must meet the following criteria :
‣ PhD students of African descent, particularly women, are eligible to apply for the new World Bank Group Fellowship Program.
‣ Doctoral students of African descent within one or two years of completing a PhD program in the following fields: Economics, Demography, Applied Statistics and Econometrics, Impact Evaluation, Education, Health, Energy, Agriculture, and Infrastructure.
‣ Candidates must:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ After submitting an application online, the most promising candidates will be identified and their application packages forwarded to World Bank Africa Region managers and participating departments for consideration.
‣ Departments and managers will then indicate their preferences, as well as the project to be undertaken.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: Contact employer
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Fellowship , PhD, research, USA, women