Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship in Women's Studies , and applications are submitted till October 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST . The Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation is awarding dissertation fellowships to support the final year of dissertation writing for Ph.D. or Th.D. degree in the humanities and Social sciences. In 2017 , ten Fellows will receive $5,000 to be used for expenses connected with completing their dissertations, such as research-related travel, data work/collection, and supplies. Applicants must have enrolled in a doctoral program at an American university located in the United States and must have completed all pre-dissertation requirements. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Fellowships support the final year of dissertation writing for Ph.D. or Th.D. degree.
Field(s): The Women’s Studies competition is for projects in the humanities and social sciences; Projects in fields such as management, the clinical and biological sciences, and law are not eligible unless they have a demonstrable academic grounding in the humanities and social sciences. Applicants working on health-related issues in the social sciences should consider carefully whether their work demonstrably centers on the topic’s social, cultural, and individual aspects.
Deadline: October 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST
Funded By: The Woodrow W National Fellowship Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Woodrow W Dissertation Fellowship is targeted for both US and international students.
‣ Award No: In 2017 , up to ten fellowships will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship is awarded for one academic year ( The 2018 Fellows will serve their tenure from September 1, 2018 – August 31, 2019..)
‣ Scholarship covers: Each fellow will receive $5,000 which will be used for expenses connected with completing their dissertations, such as research-related travel, data work/collection, and supplies.
‣ The Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship for International Students in Women’s Studies encourages original and significant research about women that crosses disciplinary, regional, or cultural boundaries.
‣ Previous Fellows have explored such topics as transnational religious education for Muslim women, the complex gender dynamics of transidentity management, women’s electoral success across racial and institutional contexts, women’s sports, militarism and the education of American women, and the relationship between family commitments and women’s work mobility.
‣ Successful candidates will be notified by February 28, 2017 and the public announcement of new Fellows will be by May 1, 2017.
A complete Woodrow Wilson Dissertation Fellowship in Women’s Studies application consists of these required components:
Basic steps for each of these can be found below.
• All submissions must be properly labeled.
• Inquiries may be directed to WS@woodrow.org.
• Applicants are responsible for ensuring all of these components have been correctly labeled and submitted prior to the October 15, 2017 11:59 p.m. ET deadline.
• Incorrect file labeling may delay the processing of the application.
• It is strongly recommended that all components be submitted at least one day prior to the application deadline to ensure the documents have been received.
• You will be able to login and return at any time to your account to edit your personal information, change your password, start and/or complete your application, and verify receipt of supplemental items.
• If all components are not received by deadline, the application will be incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. ONLINE APPLICATION
All components are required. The deadline for all components is October 15, 2017.
Note: You will be able to track receipt of your letters of recommendation in the supplemental items section of your application. It is your responsibility to follow up with your recommenders to ensure that they have submitted their online recommendation prior to deadline, October 15, 2017, 11:59 PM EST. We strongly recommend that Letters of Recommendation be submitted as early as possible to ensure they are received prior to deadline.
Important Competition Dates
October 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST
Notification of Status (Finalist and Non-Finalist)
By January 15, 2018
By February 28, 2018
Public Announcement of Fellows
By May 1, 2018
Term of the award
The 2018 Fellows will serve their tenure from September 1, 2018 – August 31, 2019.