WIN Nanofellowships for Canadian and International Graduate Students, and applications are submitted till March 15th. University of Waterloo is offering nanotechnology fellowships to top Canadian and international graduate students pursuing nanotechnology research. Special consideration will be given to students intending to pursue projects involving cross-disciplinary collaboration in nanotechnology. These fellowships are valued at $10,000 CAD each. The fellowship funding is a supplement to the Research Assistantship support provided by the supervising faculty member. Nanofellowhips can be held simultaneously with other graduate awards. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level: research at the University of Waterloo.
Field(s): nanotechnology. Focus areas in nanotechnology include, but are not limited to: Nanomaterials for energy, environmental and health sectors; Nanoscale electronic, photonic and hybrid devices and systems; Nanotools, instrumentation and metrology and Nanomedicine, medical devices & imaging, pharmaceutical engineering.
Deadline: March 15th.
Funded By: The Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology, University of Waterloo, Canada
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): WIN Nanofellowships are targeted for Canadian and International students are eligible to apply for these nanotechnology fellowships.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: These prestigious fellowships valued at $10,000 each are awarded to new graduate applicants and current MSc and PhD students and supplement the Research Assistantship support provided by the supervising faculty member (since the minimum support level for a PhD student is $20,000 per year, a Nanofellowship holder will receive a total of at least $30,000).
‣ The Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology is proud to announce the 2015 competition for Nanofellowships.
‣ The WIN Nanofellowships competition is now open to accept applications. The University of Waterloo has profound strengths in nanotechnology.
‣ The campus is home to world-class researchers, flagship research facilities, and Canada’s largest nanotechnology engineering undergraduate degree program. The Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology (WIN) is headquartered in the new $160M Quantum-Nano Centre (QNC) opened in September 2012, where faculty and graduate students have access to state-of-the-art tools and infrastructure for research at the nanoscale.
‣ Attracting outstanding new faculty, students and research personnel, fostering new national and international partnerships, enhancing collaborations, and enabling research at the forefront of science and engineering, WIN is becoming a global centre of excellence for nanotechnology and its applications.
‣ Applicants must satisfy the general eligibility requirements for the University of Waterloo Graduate Scholarships (i.e. you must register and maintain an active graduate student status during the award period of Sept 2017-April 2018). Nanofellowhips can be held simultaneously with other graduate awards.
Selection Criteria for WIN Nanofellowships
‣ Fellowships are awarded to students who have outstanding academic qualifications and research potential.
‣ The notification of decision will be made in September 2017.
Scholarship Application Method
The Nanofellowships competition is held annually. Applicants must hold an active graduate status, with a minimum of two terms remaining in their program, at the University of Waterloo. Applicants must satisfy the general eligibility requirements for the University of Waterloo graduate scholarships. Please review the Nanofellowship Program Guide carefully before applying.
To be considered for the Nanofellowship competition, you must:
All documents including the reference letters must be received electronically at WIN by March 15th. Late applications will not be accepted.
The notification of decision will be made in the Spring Term of the academic year. Selection of recipients for the fellowships will be made by a committee chaired by WIN Executive Director.
‣ All documents including the reference letters must be received electronically at WIN. To be considered for WIN’s Nanofellowships competition:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on March 15th.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.