Wigh Fellowships for International Students at Harvard University in USA , and applications are submitted till December 15, 2015. The Weatherhead Initiative on Global History (WIGH) at Harvard University is offering Fellowships for International students. This fellowship is funded by a grant from the Volkswagen Foundation. WIGH Fellows are appointed for one year and are provided time, guidance, office space, and access to Harvard University facilities. Fellows will receive an annual stipend of up to $50,000, according to fellows’ needs. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at Harvard University | USA
Level: one year residential fellowship
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the Harvard University in USA
Deadline: December 15, 2015
Funded By: Volkswagen Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Wigh Fellowships are targeted for International students (especially from outside Europe and North America)
‣ No. of awards: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Fellowship is offered for one year.
‣Value of Scholarship : Fellows will receive an annual stipend of up to $50,000, according to fellows’ needs. Because they cannot always offer the amount requested, we urge applicants to apply for funding from other sources as well.
‣ The Weatherhead Initiative on Global History (WIGH) at Harvard University identifies and supports outstanding scholars whose work responds to the growing interest in the encompassing study of global history.
seek to organize a community of scholars interested in the systematic
scrutiny of developments that have unfolded across national,
regional, and continental boundaries and who propose to analyze the
interconnections—cultural, economic, ecological, political and
demographic—among world societies.
encourage applicants from all over the world, and especially from
outside Europe and North America, hoping to create a global
conversation on global history. WIGH Fellows are appointed for one
year and are provided time, guidance, office space, and access to
Harvard University facilities.
should be prepared to devote their entire time to productive
scholarship and may undertake sustained projects of research or other
original work. They will join a vibrant community of global history
scholars at Harvard.
‣ There is no limit on time since submission of the candidate’s degree; we are open to candidates at various stages of their careers. They expect that candidates will be able to submit samples of independent work (articles, papers, dissertation chapters) in support of their candidacies on request.
‣ The WIGH Fellowship is residential and Fellows are expected to live in the Cambridge/Boston area for the duration of their appointments unless traveling for pre-approved research purposes, and they are expected to participate in WIGH activities, including a bi-weekly seminar.
Scholarship Application Method
Applications should be submitted through online along with the following required documents:
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Applications are due December 15, 2015. Letters of reference are due by January 8th, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.