Whitaker Program in Biomedical Engineering has now announced a call for 2013 academic session application in USA. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country) : | USA
Level: Research, Undergraduate and Master’s Degree
Field(s): Bio Engineering
Deadline: 21 January 2013 and for Summer Application Deadline: Monday, 4 February 2013
Funded by: Institute of International Education
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Whitaker Program Scholarship is Open for Students of USA.
‣ No. of Awards: 60 Fellow and Scholar Grants, 20 Summer Grants
‣ Duration of the scholarship: Scholars go abroad for one semester or up two two academic years (24 months), Fellows go abroad for one academic year (9-12 months).
‣ The Whitaker Program sends emerging leaders in U.S. biomedical engineering (or bioengineering) overseas to undertake a self-designed project that will enhance their careers within the field.
‣ The goal of the program is to assist the development of professional leaders who are not only superb scientists, but who also will advance the profession through an international outlook.
‣ Along with supporting grant projects in an academic setting, the Whitaker Program encourages grantees to engage in policy work and propose projects in an industry setting.
‣ Institute of International Education is pleased to offer Whitaker Program for USA Students.
‣ The programme offers 60 fellowships and scholar grants, 20 summer grants and 40 undergraduate grants to pursue career in biomedical engineering.
‣ The eligible students applying for the fellowships must have completed undergraduate or master’s degree.
‣ The summer grantees applicants will go abroad for 8 weeks and fellows will go abroad for one academic year.
To qualify for Whitaker Program in Biomedical Engineering in USA , candidates must full fill the following requirements:
‣ Have U.S. citizenship OR be a permanent legal resident of the U.S.
‣ Be in the field of biomedical engineering/bioengineering or a closely-related field (Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical
‣ Engineering with substantive interest and background in Biomedicine).
‣ Be no more than 3 years from the receipt of your most recent degree, or be currently enrolled.
‣ Have language ability to carry out the proposed project in the host country at the time of departure.
‣ The eligibility requirements are different for each specific program
Scholarships Application Methods
‣ Apply online.
‣ Candidates should apply by Fellow and Scholar Application Deadline:Monday, January 21, 2013 and for Summer Application Deadline: Monday, February 4, 2013
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ The application link is also found at the official website.
You may also like