Whitaker International Fellows and Scholars Program for US Applicants, and the application deadline is January 19, 2016 and deadline for summer application is February 2, 2016 for the 2016/17 academic year. Applications are invited for Whiter International Fellows and Scholars Program available for US applicants to study abroad (except U.S. or Canada). Fellows (pre-doctoral) go abroad for one academic year (9-12 months) while scholars go abroad for one semester or up two academic years (24 months). This program sends young Biomedical Engineers, anywhere outside the U.S. or Canada for conducting academic or scientific research in a university or laboratory or pursuing coursework at an academic institution. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Abroad (except USA or Canada)
are available for conducting academic or scientific research in a
university or laboratory or pursuing coursework at an academic
19, 2016 and
deadline for summer application is February 2, 2016 for
the 2016/17 academic year.
of International Education
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Whitaker International Fellows and Scholars are targeted for students of USA can apply for the scholarships.
‣ Award No: 50 Fellow and Scholar Grants as well as 25 summer grants will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellows go abroad for one academic year (9-12 months). Scholars go abroad for one semester or up two academic years (24 months).
Awards typically begin between August 1st and October
1st, but may begin as early as July 1 of the competition year, and as
late as June 30 of the following year.
Whitaker International Fellows and Scholars Program offers a stipend
commensurate with the recipient’s experience and expected expenses
in the host country.
Whitaker International Fellows and Scholars Program sends emerging leaders in U.S. biomedical engineering (or bioengineering) overseas to undertake a self-designed project that will enhance their careers within the field.
goal of the program is to assist the development of professional
leaders who are not only superb scientists, but who also will advance
the profession through an international outlook. Along with
supporting grant projects in an academic setting, the Whitaker
International Program encourages grantees to engage in policy work
and propose projects in an industry setting.
‣ hold a Bachelor’s degree by the beginning date of the grant or
‣ Be in or have recently completed a Master’s degree or
‣ Be in a PhD program or
‣ Be currently employed, with the most recent degree no higher than an MS
Whitaker Scholars (post-doctoral) must meet the the basic eligibility requirements and must: Currently have a PhD (within the past 3 years) or will be awarded the PhD before beginning a Whitaker grant.
‣ Applicants will be notified of decisions by email in early April 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ You must submit all application materials (except official transcripts and the letter of support from host institutions) online ( Application Form )
‣ Transcripts and letter(s) of support must be submitted in hard-copy only. Hard copy materials should be mailed.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : The application deadline is January 19, 2016 and deadline for summer application is February 2, 2016 for the 2016/17 academic year.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.