WFI International Fellowship Program in USA, and the open application period for the 2017 Fellowship Program is from July 1 – October 15, 2017. The World Forest Institute (WFI) invites applications for international fellowship program available for both US and foreign nationals. Fellowship provides young forestry and forest products professionals from around the world to work at the World Forest Institute for 6 to 12 months. Fellows receive a monthly stipend of US $1,000 after tax withholdings. The Fellowship salary is sufficient to cover basic living expenses such as rent and food. Fellows are encouraged to obtain supplementary funding to cover these additional costs. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
is a 6 to 12 month Fellowships
programme to work at the World Forest Institute
Deadline: the open application period for the 2018 Fellowship Program is July 1 – October 15, 2017.
Funded By: The World Forest Institute, USA
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): WFI International Fellowship is targeted for Both US and foreign nationals may apply to the WFI International Fellowship program.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The 2018 WFI Fellowship Program runs from April 2 – October 2, 2018. The WFI Fellowship is a six-month program.
receive a monthly stipend of US $1,000 after tax with holdings. The
Fellowship salary is sufficient to cover basic living expenses such
as rent and food. Not all expenses are covered, such as air travel,
optional car purchase and insurance. Fellows are encouraged to obtain
supplementary funding to cover these additional costs. Visa and
health insurance fees are extra and currently exceed $1500 (50% is
paid by the Harry Merlo Foundation). Fellows receive:
-An all-zone public transportation permit
-Work area with computer, private phone line, and high speed internet access
-Flexible schedule with vacation and sick days
-Support from two full-time staff, the WFI Director and Fellowship Program Manager
-Personal orientation to Portland, including assistance with housing arrangements
1989, the World Forestry Center established a program called the
World Forest Institute (WFI), to meet a growing demand for forestry
the forestry sector becomes increasingly complex, there is a greater
need for international collaboration and exchange of information on
forest trade, regulation, management, and forest resources. In
response, WFI created the International Fellowship Program.
WFI International Fellowship Program provides a unique collaboration
between the research community, private industry, and the public
WFI program brings young forestry and forest products professionals
from around the world to work at the World Forest Institute for 6 to
12 months. Fellows are commonly sponsored by their employer,
government institutions, the forest industry, or an NGO, and work on
research projects of interest to their sponsors. Over 70 Fellows from
22 countries have participated in the WFI Fellowship Program.
‣ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the field of forestry, natural resources, or other related degree. Alternatively, candidates with at least four years of natural resources work experience may apply.
‣ Proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
‣ At least 21 years of age.
‣ Initial research proposal on a topic relevant to forestry or natural resources in the home country. The project should take advantage of being in the Pacific Northwest.
‣ Ability to be self-motivated, to work independently towards a clear research goal or output, and to work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
‣ Once your application has been reviewed you will receive notice of whether or not you have been selected for an interview.
‣ Once the interview is complete, a reference check will be done and you will receive notice of whether or not you have been accepted into the program.
Scholarship Application Method
How to Apply
‣ Scholarship Application is due on the open application period for the 2018 Fellowship Program is July 1 – October 15, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
This article is sponsored by the book, "Cellulite FACTOR" from Dr. Charles. Dr. Charles has been helping men and women permanently eliminate cellulite for most of his professional career. In fact and through the course of several years of relentless testing and refinement, Dr. Charles developed a comprehensive cellulite-eliminating system from A-to-Z. From purging toxins to transitioning to a healthy diet and lifestyle, this incredible resource has everything you need to fight and win the battle against cellulite. Find More==>[http://www.cellulitefactor.com]