Wellcome trust offers Master Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine in UK for 2013 academic year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK
Level: Master’s(MSc) Degree
Field(s): Public Health and Tropical Medicine.
Deadline:1 March 2013
Funded by: Wellcome trust
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open low and middle income country students.
Benefit( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships must be taken up within one year of award.
‣ Scholarship covers: Salary is provided for the period of the research project. Project-dedicated research expenses (consumables, small items of equipment, collaborative travel and support to attend scientific meetings, fieldwork and data collection) are also provided. Overseas allowances will be provided where appropriate. Contributions to other costs of the project that are directly incurred by the overseas institution may also be provided.Research-dedicated costs (excluding salary/stipend costs) should not exceed £20 000 per annum.
‣ Wellcome Trust master fellowship scheme strengthens scientific research capacity in low- and middle-income countries, by providing support for junior researchers to gain research experience and high-quality research training at Masters degree level.
‣ Research projects should be aimed at understanding and controlling diseases (either human or animal) of relevance to local, national or global health.
‣ This can include laboratory based molecular analysis of field or clinical samples, but projects focused solely on studies in vitro or using animal models will not normally be considered under this scheme.
‣ We are particularly interested in requests for research training support in the social sciences, demography, health economics, medical statistics and vector biology.
To be eligible for wellcome Trust master fellowship , candidates need to meet the following criteria:
‣ A national or legal resident of a low- and middle-income country, and hold a first degree in subject relevant to tropical medicine or public health (clinical or non-clinical).
‣ At an early stage in your career, with limited research experience, but have a demonstrated interest in or aptitude for research.
‣ Fellows must be based in a low- and middle-income country for their research project.
‣ The Trust does not provide Masters schemes for UK/RoI-based researchers.
‣ Note: The full application will be reviewed by the relevant Interview Committee, which makes the final decision. Please note that candidates are not interviewed for this fellowship.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 1 March 2013. Next application deadline:10 December 2013
‣ The final outcome is expected to be known by early Nov 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...