WCL International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Austria, applications are submitted till February 9th 2015. Wasser Cluster Lunz is offering international postdoctoral fellowship for excellent young scientists at three partner universities for the duration of two years. WCL may provide budget for travelling and consumables. In addition to the salary, successful candidates will be entitled to apply for travel and consumables (up to 10.000 EUR for the duration of the fellowship). WCL particularly encourages female scientists to apply. Disabled persons with equal qualifications will be favored. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at three partner universities: the University of Vienna, the Danube University Krems and the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU Vienna) | Austria
Level: postdoctoral research program
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded high level basic and applied research in the following fields: Biodiversity of plankton communities, Biofilm and stream ecosystem research, River floodplain and restoration ecology and Food web ecology and aquatic lipid biochemistry. Successful candidates need to link their research to core topics of at least two research areas established at WCL.
Deadline: February 9th 2015
Funded By: WasserCluster Lunz
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): WCL International Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for international researchers.
‣ Award No: Two postdoctoral fellowships are awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The fellowship is provided for 24 months.
‣ Scholarship covers:The salary is based according to the Austrian Science Fund standards. WCL may provide budget for travelling and consumables. In addition to the salary, successful candidates will be entitled to apply for travel and consumables (up to 10.000 EUR for the duration of the fellowship).
‣ WasserCluster Lunz invites excellent young scientists to apply for the new WCL International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. The duration of the fellowship is two years.
‣ The PostDoc Fellowship Program supports high scientific quality and productivity with strong cooperation of the incoming PostDoc candidate with the working groups at WCL. Successful candidates need to link their research to core topics of at least two research areas established at WCL.
‣ WasserCluster Lunz performs research in aquatic ecology and biogeochemistry since 2006.
‣ WCL is committed to provide innovative research on structure and function of freshwater ecosystems, and to safeguard the sustainable use of their resources.
from microbial ecology to biogeochemistry, from restoration ecology
to aquatic ecosystem management, and from ecotoxicology to aquatic
food web and biodiversity research, WCL has established links with
the partner universities to address topical research questions for
freshwater ecosystems and their sustainable use.
‣ WCL is shared to equal amounts by the University of Vienna, the Danube University Krems, and the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (BOKU Vienna).
‣ Disabled persons with equal qualifications will be favoured.
Selection Criteria for WCL International Postdoctoral Fellowship
The selection of the fellowship awards is a highly competitive process. The following evaluation criteria will be considered:
‣ Quality and novelty of the research proposal and links to existing research groups at WCL
‣ Potential to advance cooperation and expertise at WCL
‣ Candidate’s scientific record and potential to conduct the proposed research project at WCL
‣ Potential to establish new international cooperation at WCL
‣ A scientific international selection committee will review and select all research proposals. Selected candidates will be notified within 12 weeks after the application deadline.
‣ Their research projects can start in agreement with their hosts within three months after notification.
‣ Students are encouraged to apply and send their documents by email.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on February 9th, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.