WAAW Foundation Scholarship. WAAW foundation is funding annual undergraduate scholarships for African women to study as full time students in a STEM related course at a University, College or institute of higher learning in Africa. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): |
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): for STEM-focused college education in Africa.
Deadline: 30 October 2013.
Funded By: WAAW foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): WAAW Foundation Scholarship is targeted for Women applicants of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea .
Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe)
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarship recipients receive an award of $500 for the 2014 academic year or the equivalent in their country’s local currency. Prior scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
WAAW Foundation Scholarship
‣ WAAW Foundation recognizes that Female Education and Science and Technology Innovation and the two most crucial components to poverty alleviation and rapid development in Africa.
‣ The plight of the African woman against prejudices and huge societal disadvantages in the often male dominated communities is still vastly unexposed and requires a strong and compassionate voice.
‣ We believe that the woman is the pivot of the family and the family is the pivot of the community. Empowering an African woman is a gift that keeps on giving.
‣ At WAAW foundation, we possess an insider’s perspective and understand the challenges as well as the vast opportunities for social change that could yield economic and health benefits on an international level.
‣ It is in response to this vision that WAAW foundation was established. WAAW foundation’s annual scholarship initiative is aimed at supporting need based African female STEM-focused college education.
‣ WAAW Foundation awards annual scholarships to students who demonstrate need and prove their status as full time students in a STEM related course in an African University.
‣ Recipients will become WAAW Ambassadors in their respective communities.
‣ WAAW Foundation Scholarship Criteria for eligibility includes:
(a) Female students of African origin. Living and studying in Africa.
(b) Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program.
(c) Studying in a university or college in Africa.
(d) Demonstrable financial need, and (e) Excellent Academic Record.
‣ These are need based scholarships.
‣ Awards are announced by February 2014.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: Applications will close 30 October, 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to mail current University transcripts directly to WAAW Foundation by November 30, 2013
You may also like