VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) for International Students in Netherlands, and applications are submitted till 1st March 2015. Applications are invited for VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) to pursue a degree in a selection of Master’s programmes at VU University. The international students who do not have Dutch nationality can apply for the fellowship. Eligible candidates must be able to prove their academic excellence, must be admitted to a preselected Master’s degree at VU University and have not graduated from a Dutch higher education programme. Students must have excellent academic results with strongly motivated students. The scholarship covers tuition fee, allowance towards study and living costs, accommodation and insurance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): VU University | Netherlands
Level: masters degree
Field(s): any of the courses offered by VU University.
Deadline: 1st March 2015.
Funded By: VU University Amsterdam, Netherlands
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): VU Fellowship Programme is targeted for International students (who do not have Dutch nationality).
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: The grant is awarded to students in their first year of a Master’s degree programme. Only students following a 2-year Master’s programme may apply for a second year and the prerequisite for a second application is the achievement of at least 80% of the 60 possible credits. The Faculty VUFP committee will be asked to demonstrate to the Central VUFP committee that these credits have indeed been achieved.
‣ Scholarship covers: The VUFP scholarship covers your tuition fee, and provides for an allowance towards study and living costs (paid out in 3 installments over the year). Please note that the scholarship does not cover all your living expenses. There are two variations of the VUFP scholarship: -€5.000 to students paying the tuition fee for EEA students -€15.000 to students paying the tuition fee for non-EEA students
‣ The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) offers talented prospective students the unique opportunity to pursue a degree in a selection of Master’s programmes at VU University.
‣ VU University has committed to providing approximately 1 million euro towards attracting highly motivated, excellent students.
‣ Eligible candidates must be able to prove their academic excellence, must be admitted to a preselected Master’s degree at VU University, do not have the Dutch nationality and have not graduated from a Dutch higher education programme.
‣ Students following a one-year Master’s programme may not apply for the VUFP scholarship for a second year.
‣ Students already enrolled in a two-year Master’s programme who have not been awarded the VUFP scholarship in 2014/2015 are not eligible to apply for the VUFP scholarship 2015/2016.
‣ The award is based on the motivation letter, the quality of previous education and the student’s academic performance therein.
‣ A scholarship offer will then be made to successful candidates.
‣ VUFP candidates will receive an e-mail from the Central VUFP committee on or around the 1 July 2015 containing a nomination letter, the conditions of the VUFP scholarship and a statement of agreement.
‣ Students who have not achieved sufficient study results will be informed that they will not be offered the VUFP scholarship for the next academic year, unless there are clear reasons why the results were lower than average.
‣ Students can apply for a VUFP scholarship by sending an e-mail to vufp-at-vu.nl.
‣ Note: Applications will be open from the 19th of December.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1st March 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.