Volkswagen Foundation is offering postdoctoral fellowships in the areas of natural resources in Sub-Saharan Africa and Germany. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Sub-Saharan Africa and Germany
Level: Postdoctoral Research
Field(s): The fellowship is awarded for research project on Resources, their Dynamics, and Sustainability – Capacity Development in Comparative and Integrated Approaches.
Deadline: December 13, 2013.
Funded By: Volkswagen Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for Students of the following Countries: Young African postdoctoral researcher (The African fellows (junior or senior) need to choose their German partner independently and then, have to reflect on the choice of the institution they intend to cooperate with and the research topics covered by this cooperation.)
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Junior and Senior Fellowships with a 36 months duration.
‣ Scholarship covers: The fellowship covers salary, research, travel costs, and administrative costs up to 90,000 EUR for junior fellows and up to 120,000 EUR for senior fellows. African postdocs can choose to include a postdoctoral fellow (with less than 6 years of postdoctoral experience) based at a German research institution in their projects. Up to 25,000 EUR can be applied for to include this associated postdoc in the form of a cooperation of equals, which will enhance the exchange of scholarly expertise. The funds are meant to support these postdoctoral fellows to participate actively in the research project proposed by the African applicant.
Volkswagen Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships
‣ The funding initiative is open to all disciplines and aims at the development and sustainable reinforcement of research in Sub-Saharan Africa.
‣ Research projects, developed and carried out by African scholars and scientists in close cooperation with their German partners, shall provide junior researchers in Africa with an opportunity to enhance their skills and academic qualifications. Special emphasis is put on the development, reinforcement, and extension of academic networks inside Africa beyond existing language barriers.
This postdoctoral fellowship program aims at supporting young African postdoctoral researchers in Sub-Saharan Africa by
‣ The Volkswagen Foundation first invites a number of peer reviewers to submit their appraisal.
‣ Important assessment criteria include the expected contribution to the further development of science, consistency of the application, the personal qualifications of project participants, and appropriateness of the effort involved as well as the expenses required.
‣ The Foundation upholds strict confidentiality with regard to the review process.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications must be filed electronically via the electronic application system.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: Deadline for application is December 13, 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ Applicants who have submitted full proposals will then have the opportunity to present their project at a selection workshop to be held in Hanover, Germany, presumably in the summer of 2014.
‣ In the course of this conference, they will also be interviewed by the international review panel.
‣ Final decisions on fellowship grants will be made in late summer 2014.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Africa, Fellowships, germany, Postdoctoral, research, Sub-Saharan Africa