Volkswagen Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships for African Researchers , and applications are submitted till April 6, 2016.Applications are invited for postdoctoral fellowships for research projects in Sub-Saharan Africa” aims at providing sustainable support for research and research capacity development in Sub-Saharan Africa. Postdoctoral Fellowships are open for African researchers in the all field of Engineering Sciences. Duration of the fellowship is of three year and covers salaries for the fellow (and for M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. students) as well as non-personnel costs for e.g. consumables, equipment, travel, and administration of up to 110,000 EUR for junior fellows and of up to 145,000 EUR for senior fellows. Furthermore, the budget may include salary for lecturers to reduce the personal teaching workload of the applicant.. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Sub-Saharan Africa and Germany
Level: The call provides funding opportunities for both junior and senior postdoctoral scholars for undertaking a research project.
Field(s): Engineering Sciences.
Deadline: April 6, 2016
Funded By: Volkswagen Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Volkswagen Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for Applicants from Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger,
Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Junior and Senior Fellowships are available for the duration of 36 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The fellowship covers salaries for the fellow (and for M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. students) as well as non-personnel costs for e.g. consumables, equipment, travel, and administration of up to 110,000 EUR for junior fellows and of up to 145,000 EUR for senior fellows. Furthermore, the budget may include salary for lecturers to reduce the personal teaching workload of the applicant.
‣ This very specific Volkswagen Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships Program by the Volkswagen Foundation aims at providing sustainable support for research in the Engineering Sciences in Sub-Saharan Africa.
‣ It offers opportunities for postdoctoral researchers at both junior and senior (i.e. 3 – 6 years post-PhD) level to develop and conduct their own research projects.
‣ While open for any applicant who meets the eligibility criteria, the current call also builds on a previous call for proposals in this area from 2010, and especially invites those junior fellows currently funded as part of this initiative to submit applications for senior fellowships. In the selection process, they will then compete with the other applicants from the region.
‣ , applicants must have less than three years of postdoctoral experience (the PhD must be completed by February 2017, at the latest).
‣ Postdoctoral researchers with more than three, but less than six years of postdoctoral experience are eligible to apply for a senior fellowship.
‣ Final decisions on fellowship grants will be made in the early summer of 2015.
‣ Please use the Foundation’s application system: portal.volkswagenstiftung.de for the electronic submission of their application. Please do not forget to print, sign and upload the scanned signature sheet. Instructions on the electronic application system are provided online.
‣ In addition to the application for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents:-
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on April 6, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.