Volkswagen Foundation in the Humanities at Universities and Research Institutes in the U.S. and Germany applications are submitted till September 4, 2018 ( fellowships in USA and Canada) and september 11, 2018 ( Fellowships in Germany). Applications are invited for postdoctoral fellowships for research projects in Sub-Saharan Africa” aims at providing sustainable support for research and research capacity development in Sub-Saharan Africa. Postdoctoral Fellowships are open for African researchers in the all field of Engineering Sciences. Duration of the fellowship is of three year and covers salaries for the fellow (and for M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. students) as well as non-personnel costs for e.g. consumables, equipment, travel, and administration of up to 110,000 EUR for junior fellows and of up to 145,000 EUR for senior fellows. Furthermore, the budget may include salary for lecturers to reduce the personal teaching workload of the applicant.. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | US and Canada and Germany
Deadline: September 4, 2018 ( fellowships in USA and Canada) and september 11, 2018 ( Fellowships in Germany)
Funded By: Volkswagen Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Volkswagen Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships postdocs who wish to spend time researching in Germany or the USA/Canada
‣ Award No: 10-12 fellows each year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: 9-12 months
‣ Scholarship covers: The fellowship covers salaries for the fellow (and for M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. students) as well as non-personnel costs for e.g. consumables, equipment, travel, and administration of up to 110,000 EUR for junior fellows and of up to 145,000 EUR for senior fellows. Furthermore, the budget may include salary for lecturers to reduce the personal teaching workload of the applicant.
Through its funding initiative "Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Humanities at Universities and Research Institutes in Germany and the USA" the Volkswagen Foundation aims to strengthen transatlantic academic relations, especially in the field of the Humanities. In this funding initiative, the Volkswagen Foundation works closely with the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, New York.
Scope of Funding
In the context of this initiative, the two foundations cooperate with several universities and research institutes of excellence in Germany, in the USA, and Canada. In general, however, applicants are able to apply to a host university or research institute of their choice.
Call: Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Humanities at Universities and Research Institutions in Germany. Application deadline is September 12, 2017.
The Fellowships address postdocs based at American universities and research institutes working in the Humanities who wish to spend some time in Germany working on a research project.
Details of conditions and the application procedure can be found under Information for Applicants 97 (pdf). Applications must be filed electronically via the electronic application system.
Call: Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Humanities at Universities and Research Institutes in the U.S. and Canada. Application deadline is September 4, 2018.
The Fellowships address postdocs based at German universities and research institutes who wish to spend some time in the USA or in Canada working on their research project, or to concentrate on a particular aspect of their postdoctoral dissertation.
Details of conditions and the application procedure can be found under Information for Applicants 96 (pdf). Applications must be filed electronically via the electronic application system.
With its funding initiative entitled "Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Humanities at Universities and Research Institutes in Germany and the U.S.", which began in 2011, the Volkswagen Foundation has expanded the "Harvard-Fellowships", which started in 2007 to encompass other institutions of outstanding repute in the USA. In 2012, this Fellowship program was extended by a reciprocal dimension to offer American postdocs an equivalent opportunity to spend a year working on their research project in Germany. Since 2012, the Volkswagen Foundation has closely cooperated with the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
candidates must be employed by an institute and granted leave of absence for the duration
of their fellowship. The home institution in Germany will be responsible for administering the
funds provided for the fellow.
‣ , there is no age limit for candidates, but you should have finished your Ph.D. (and defended your thesis) by the time of application (September 8th, 2016). Furthermore, your Ph.D. had to be completed after October 1st, 2011. The date of the defense of your thesis (marked on the Ph.D. certificate) will serve as a reference. If you have defended your thesis, but have not yet received your Ph.D. certificate, this can be submitted at a later stage.
Parental leave and similar obligations after completing your Ph.D. can be considered as additional time. If this applies to you, please consult the programme manager at the Foundation
‣ Postdoctoral researchers with more than three, but less than six years of postdoctoral experience are eligible to apply for a senior fellowship.
As a rule, the Volkswagen Foundation first invites a number of peer reviewers to submit their appraisal. Important assessment criteria include the expected contribution to the further development of science, consistency of the application, the personal qualifications of project participants, and appropriateness of the effort involved as well as the expenses required. The Foundation upholds strict confidentiality with regard to the review process.
How do I apply?
For each of the Foundation’s funding initiatives there is a separate sheet entitled ‘Information for Applicants’, in which you will find details of the framework conditions and requirements for content and form. Here you will also find practical tips on how to submit your application. Should you still have queries, you can always refer to the contact person named in these sheets.
For information with regard to project proposals for the funding initiative ‘Off the Beaten Track’, you should contact the persons responsible for the corresponding disciplinary field.
In each case, applications should be forwarded to the respective contact persons. Applications must be filed electronically via the electronic application system.
‣ Please use the Foundation’s application system: portal.volkswagenstiftung.de for the electronic submission of their application. Please do not forget to print, sign and upload the scanned signature sheet. Instructions on the electronic application system are provided online.
Postdoctoral Fellowships in the U.S./Canada
Postdoctoral Fellowships to Germany
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: September 4, 2018 ( fellowships in USA and Canada) and september 11, 2018 ( Fellowships in Germany)
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
This article is sponsored by "http://www.truthaboutcellulite.com/ " . Which is popularly known for providing Tip Helps to Kill Cellulite on butt, legs, hips & thighs AND also if you want quickly find the Five Keys to Kill Your Cellulite, http://www.truthaboutcellulite.com/ is the site to go.....