VLIR-UOS is inviting applications for 30 short research stays scholarships for researchers/academics from Latin-America, Africa and Asia at a university or university college in Flanders (Belgium). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): university or university college in Flanders (Belgium) | Belgium
Level: This is a call for researchers/academics who wish to spend a short research stay (SRS), 90 days at most, at a university or university college in Flanders (Belgium). The SRS scholarships are therefore available for researchers wishing to prepare a research proposal (in preparation of a PhD (pre-doc) or a postdoc research), or broader to prepare a concept proposal for possible (new), tangible partnerships or new projects within existing partnerships.
Field(s): The short research stay should aim either at the exploration of new research paths in relation to the VLIR-U O S country strategies, or at the harvest of research results of ongoing or finished VLIR-U O S projects.
Deadline:Proposals for SRS-scholarships can be submitted by 25 October 2013 at 9 a.m.
Funded By: VLIR-UOS
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for applicants from broader country list (54 countries) used in the granting of individual VLIR-U O S scholarships: Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda,Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe. Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Nepal, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam. Latin America: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Surinam and Uruguay.
‣ Award No: VLIR-U O S provides 30 SRS scholarships in total for a stay of 90 days at most.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The short research stay should start before the 31st of March 2014, and can last 90 days at most.
‣ Scholarship covers: Per selected candidate, VLIR-UOS will provide a short term allowance per day for the total duration of the period of stay (90 days at most), according to the Allowances and Guidelines for Scholarships 2013. One airline return ticket in economy class is reimbursed, as well as indirect travel costs, insurance and accommodation costs, as stipulated in the Scholarship guidelines. No conference participation will be reimbursed. An awarded SRS scholarship does not imply any guarantee towards other funding. Payments to the scholar are not directly made by VLIR-U O S. VLIR-U O S transfers all funds concerned to the respective Flemish Associations, who are responsible for paying the allowances, bench fees and insurance.
‣ This is a call for researchers / academics from Latin-America, Africa and Asia who wish to spend a short research stay (SRS), 90 days at most, at a university or university college in Flanders (Belgium).
‣ VLIR-UOS provides 30 SRS scholarships in total for a stay of 90 days at most. In case we receive many successful applications for shorter periods of stay than 90 days, the total amount of scholarships can increase.
‣ The short research stay should aim either at the exploration of new research paths in relation to the VLIR-U O S country strategies, or at the harvest of research results of ongoing or finished VLIR-U O S projects (IUC, OI/TEAM, SI, PRDC, ICP, ITP, STI, …).
‣ The country strategies identify main themes for all future interventions in the cooperation with a specific country. In countries with a strategy, it is to be expected that any project proposal does take into account the recommendations that have been defined in all of these country strategies.
‣ In doing so, VLIR-U O S can further elaborate a country specific intervention map thus offering higher visibility of actions and results, improved donor coordination (synergy, harmonisation and alignment), improved promotion of Flemish Higher Education and increased societal impact.
To avail VLIR-UOS Short Research Stays (SRS) Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ The proposals will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The applicant submits the proposal in electronic version to the International Coordinator for Development Cooperation (ICOS) of the University Association with which the professor or lecturer is affiliated, before October 25, 2013.
‣ A proposal for SRS includes the following:
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date:Proposals for SRS-scholarships can be submitted by 25 October 2013 at 9 a.m.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ Notification of the final selection results to the ICOS:20 November 2013 Notification of the selection results to the candidates: End of November 2013
You may also like