VLIR-UOS calls ICP PhD Scholarships for developing countries at Flemish University & Host Country 2013. Full details:
School: Flemish Universities / Belgium & Host Country
Field(s): Subjects given in Flemish Universities related to Development Topics
Deadline: February 2013
Funded by: VLIR-UOS
Beneficiaries(Target Group):The call is open for people who graduated not earlier than 2008, or will graduate in 2013, from a Flemish, funded Master programme (ICP).
To qualify for VLIR-UOS ICP PhD 2013 Scholarships , candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
‣ Must graduated not earlier than 2008, or will graduate in 2013, from a Flemish, funded Master programme (ICP).
‣ Should be a national and resident of a developing country of the V-UOS-country list that was applicable in the year you started your ICP studies (see V-UOS website) or be on the 54 list currently used for scholarships. The 54 country lists are as follows:
Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Nepal, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam
Latin America: Bolivia, Brasil, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay
‣ should already have obtained your ICP Master’s degree when you submit the application, or should obtain it in the reference year, i.c. 2013.
‣ The programme is not limited to those graduates who have already been granted an ICP scholarship of VLIR-UOS(V-UOS ).
‣ Students from developing countries (see country lists on our website) who followed a V-UOS funded Master at a Flemish University (ICP) by their own means or with another scholarship are also welcome to apply.
‣ Selection Criteria: Academic curriculum (past grades are considered less important than a balanced research proposal);
‣ Research capacity or potential (past publications are considered less important than a balanced research proposal);
‣ Knowledge of and experience with the subject of the research proposal;
‣ Language skills relevant to or necessary for the research.
‣ Additional relevant abilities and skills.
‣ Students will be notified by late June 2013.
‣ Time schedule, the call was launched in November. And deadline to submit a proposal is in February and slightly differs by university (see call).
‣The selection committee research scholarships evaluates the proposal in May.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply electronically.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
‣ The next deadline for applications is 15 February 2013, 25 February 2013, Deadline for submission of all PhD application files for the respective university to V-UOS is 15 March 2013.
You may also like