Visiting Research Fellowships are offered at the Centre for Studies in Religion and Society, University of Victoria, Canada. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): The Centre for Studies in Religion and Society | Canada
Level: Visiting Research
Field(s): Research projects in the area of religion and society.
Deadline: June 30, 2013
Funded By: The Centre for Studies in Religion and Society, University of Victoria in Canada
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Visiting Research Fellowships are Open for scholars in Canada or abroad.
‣ Award No: Four to six fellowships are offered annually.
‣ Scholarship Duration:up to 12 months
‣ Scholarship covers: four to six fellowships are offered annually
‣ The Centre for Studies in Religion and Society invites applications from scholars in Canada or abroad for Visiting Research Fellowships appointments of up to 12 months' duration during the 2013/14 academic year.
‣ The purpose of the fellowship is to provide research space and an environment conducive to writing and reflection to scholars working on research projects in the area of religion and society.
‣ The centre welcomes applications from all disciplinary backgrounds for projects that meet its mandate of promoting the scholarly study of religion in relation to any and all aspects of society and culture, both contemporary and historical.
‣ Topics may include, but are not limited to, examinations of religious themes within the areas of ethics, health, law, environment, technology, government and public policy, human conflict, art, literature, the media and currents and debates in philosophy and the natural sciences.
‣ Private office space centrally located on the scenic University of Victoria campus; a congenial, retreat-like setting; university privileges; enhanced opportunities for research networking and exchange; participation in the centre's wide range of scholarly and social activities.
‣ This is a non-stipendiary appointment with no cash value.
‣ Four to six fellowships are offered annually. Ordinarily, fellows stay between 3 months to 12 months, but the centre will consider request for research terms of any length.
‣ Canadian and international scholars; emeritus scholars; new scholars; scholars on sabbatical leave from their regular academic appointments.
Successful Visiting Research Fellowships applicants will
‣ conduct their work in the centre's quarters;
‣ participate actively in the programs and activities of the Centre;
‣ give at least one public seminar or lecture on the theme of their research;
‣ acknowledge the CSRS in all publications arising from the fellowship and notify the centre of any such books or articles for inclusion in our database.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should include 1 copy each of the following:
(a) a descriptive title;
(b) a detailed statement of the research proposal in a form that makes the applicant's intentions fully understandable to experts in his or her own discipline (maximum 5 pages);
(c) an up-to-date curriculum vitae; and d) the names and full addresses of two scholars who might evaluate the proposed project. The centre may also choose to solicit the opinions of other referees.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: June 30 (for winter/spring arrival); January 31 (for summer/fall arrival)
‣ Proposals submitted outside of the regular application deadline schedule may also be considered at the discretion of the director. See Special Fellowships .
‣ Applications may be sent by email to email@example.com or by mail or courier to the CSRS address available here.
‣ Selection is made the by CSRS Program Committee based on the academic merit of the proposal, the views of the referees and the recent scholarly activity of the candidate.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, 2014, Visiting, Research, Fellowships, Religion, CSRS, Canada