Visiting Research Fellowship is offered by Higher Education Support Program of the Open Society Foundations for developing countries. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Central European University | Hungary
Level: Visiting Research
Field(s): Public Policy, Cognitive Science, Economics, Environmental Science and Policy, Gender Studies, History (Modern and Early Modern), International Relations and European Studies, Legal Studies (Business Law, Comparative Constitutional Law and Human Rights Law), Mathematics and its applications, Medieval Studies, Nationalism Studies Program, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology and Social Anthropology. And within CEU Centers (each Center offers its research areas or topics for potential Fellows): Imperfections in Democracy, Business and Society, Climate Change and Sustainable Energy Policy, Eastern Mediterranean Studies, Ethics and Law in Biomedicine, EU Enlargement Studies, European Union Research, Integrity in Business and Government, Media and Communication Studies, Network Science, Policy Studies, Religious Studies, Cognitive Development Center,
Regulatory Innovation, Open Society Archives Pasts Inc., Historical Studies.
Deadline: 1 October 2013.
Funded By: Higher Education Support Program of the Open Society Foundations
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Visiting Research Fellowship is Open for Students of Following Countries: Fellows of Afghanistan, Angola, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, China, Colombia, Congo (Brazzaville), Côte D’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Indonesia, Iran, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Palestine, Peru, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships will be offered to academics employed in higher education institutions, who wish to spend one or two semesters at CEU. Fellows are supported for a period of three to six months (one or two consecutive terms at CEU).
‣ Scholarship covers: The fellowship covers travel costs to/from Budapest, accommodation and a monthly stipend of 1,800 USD per month.
‣ Central European University (CEU) announces a call for its Visiting Research Fellowships program for the academic year 2014-15.
‣ The fellowship program is supported by the Higher Education Support Program of the Open Society Foundations.
‣ Fellowships will be offered to academics employed in higher education institutions, who wish to spend one or two semesters at CEU conducting original research that will lead to a groundbreaking publication in an international peer-reviewed journal.
‣ The fellowship program is administered by the Office of the Provost and Academic Pro-Rector, and the fellows can be hosted by any CEU department or research center (except for the CEU Business School).
To be eligible Visiting Research Fellowship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Applicants must be from eligible countries.
‣ Eligible applicants should be employed, full-time or part-time, in a teaching and/or research institution in their home country at the time of application;
‣ Eligible applicants should hold a PhD or equivalent and have a research record in an area that falls under one or more CEU academic unit (departments and research centers).
‣ Please note: those who are or who plan to be involved in projects, research, teaching, or other activities sponsored or co-sponsored by Open Society Foundations for the duration of the Research Fellowship are not eligible to participate in the program.
‣ Applications not meeting eligibility requirements will not be considered.
‣ Fellows are required to be in residence at CEU for the duration of their Fellowship and are accommodated in CEU’s Residence and Conference Center;
‣ Fellows can be hosted by any CEU department or research center (except for the CEU Business school);
‣ Fellows will provide a midterm narrative report, and a final narrative report;
‣ Fellows will provide a draft article outline one month after the fellowship is concluded;
‣ Fellows will submit an article published or accepted for publication in an international peer-reviewed journal within one year after the fellowship.
‣ Fellows will clearly acknowledge CEU and OSF contribution in this publication.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply by post and electronically.
‣ Application package should include:
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due by 1 October, 2013.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, 2015, developing countries, European, Featured, Fellowship, Hungary, International, research, University, Visiting