Visby Programme Scholarships for Research in Sweden, and applications are submitted till 15 January 2015. Swedish Institute is inviting applications for Visby Programme Scholarships. About 40 scholarships will be offered for the academic year 2015/2016. The programme provides PhD students and postdoctoral researchers with an opportunity to conduct research at Swedish universities within all fields of study. The Visby Programme is targeted at candidates from the following countries: Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Russia, and Ukraine. The scholarship is free of tax and amounts to SEK 15,000 per month for PhD students and SEK 18,000 per month for postdoctoral researchers. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Sweden
Field(s): The programme provides PhD students and postdoctoral researchers with an opportunity to conduct research at Swedish universities within all fields of study.
Deadline: 15 January 2015.
Funded By: Swedish Institute
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Visby Programme Scholarships are targeted for the Visby Programme is targeted at candidates from the following countries: Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Russia, and Ukraine.
‣ Award No: About 40 scholarships will be offered for the academic year 2015/2016.
‣ Scholarship Duration: 1 September 2015 – 28 February 2016 (6 months) 1 January 2016 – 30 June 2016 (6 months) 1 September 2015 – 31 May 2016 (9 months) 1 September 2015 – 31 August 2016 (12 months) 1 January 2016 – 31 December 2016 (12 months)
‣ Scholarship covers:The scholarship is free of tax and amounts to SEK 15,000 per month for PhD students and SEK 18,000 per month for postdoctoral researchers. The scholarship cannot be prolonged or extended. Insurance Scholarship holders are insured by the Swedish State Group Insurance against illness and accident during the scholarship period. SI Network for Future Global Leaders All Swedish Institute scholarship holders are invited to become members of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders, a network that offers unique opportunities during and after the stay in Sweden. Together with other talented people from all around the world, the scholarship holder is able to take part in a variety of events, exchange ideas and create networks that benefit both to career and personal development.
‣ The aim of the Visby Programme Scholarships is to build an integrated, knowledge-based and research-intense region, centered on the Baltic Sea, but also bridging to the Eastern Partnership countries and the Russian Federation.
‣ About 40 scholarships will be offered for the academic year 2015/2016.Selection criteria:
‣ Applications are evaluated by the Swedish Institute (SI) and an academic board.
‣ The primary evaluation of the application takes into account the applicant’s academic background and personal motivation, research quality and expertise in the project field of the host department.
‣ Also the strength of the research proposal with regards to its scientific quality, originality, methodological approach, and relevance is evaluated.
‣ In the final selection of candidates SI will consider the distribution of scholarships with regards to academic fields, universities, purpose of study, nationality and gender.
‣ A scholarship cannot be granted for an applicant who:
‣ Scholarship offers will be sent to successful candidates by the end of May 2015 at the latest, and candidates are required to respond to the offer within 14 days.
‣ Please note that all decisions are sent by email only.
‣ The application should be submitted online using the Swedish Institute application portal.
‣ Complete all the mandatory fields and attach all required documents. Only submit the application once and wait until you receive a confirmation e-mail with your reference number.
‣ The reference number should be used whenever contacting SI with inquiries in regard to the scholarship application.
‣ If you cannot find the confirmation email in your inbox, first make sure to check your spam filter before contacting SI.The mode of applying is online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 January 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.