Visby Programme Scholarships for PhD and Postdoctoral Research Studies in Sweden , and applications are submitted till 10 January 2017. The Visby Scholarship provides PhD students and Postdoctoral researchers with an opportunity to conduct research at Swedish universities within all fields of study. There are about 40 Visby scholarships offered for the academic year 2017/2018. The scholarship is free of tax and amounts to SEK 15,000 per month for PhD students and SEK 18,000 per month for postdoctoral researchers and senior scientists. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Sweden
Field(s): The programme provides PhD students and postdoctoral researchers with an opportunity to conduct research at Swedish universities within all fields of study.
Deadline: 24:00 CET on Tuesday 10 January 2017.
Funded By: Swedish Institute
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Visby Programme Scholarships are targeted for the Visby Programme is targeted at candidates from the following countries: Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Russia, and Ukraine.
‣ Award No: About 40 scholarships will be offered for the academic year 2017/2018.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarship (PhD studies: one visit and postdoctoral research long-term visit) is available for 6, 9 or 12 months. The scholarship (PhD studies/sandwich model: several shorter visits) is awarded for a number of months,
which the PhD student spends in Sweden for shorter research visits (maximum three research visits per year, over three years). The scholarship is awarded for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months in total. The senior research Scholarship is awarded for 6 months maximum.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship is designed to cover living costs for the scholarship holder. The scholarship is free of tax and amounts to SEK 15,000 per month for PhD students and SEK 18,000 per month for postdoctoral researchers and senior scientists. The scholarship cannot be prolonged or extended. Scholarship holders are insured by the Swedish State Group Insurance against illness and accident during the scholarship period. SI Network for Future Global Leaders-All Swedish Institute scholarship holders are invited to become members of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL), a network that offers unique opportunities during and after the stay in Sweden. Together with other talented people from all around the world, the scholarship holder is able to take part in a variety of events, exchange ideas and create networks that benefit both to career and personal development.
‣ The aim of the Visby Programme Scholarships is to build an integrated, knowledge-based and research-intense region, centered on the Baltic Sea, but also bridging to the Eastern Partnership countries and the Russian Federation.
‣ About 40 scholarships will be offered for the academic year 2015/2016.Selection criteria:
‣ Applications are evaluated by the Swedish Institute (SI) and an academic board.
‣ The primary evaluation of the application takes into account the applicant’s academic background and personal motivation, research quality and expertise in the project field of the host department.
‣ Also the strength of the research proposal with regards to its scientific quality, originality, methodological approach, and relevance is evaluated.
‣ In the final selection of candidates SI will consider the distribution of scholarships with regards to academic fields, universities, purpose of study, nationality and gender.
‣ A scholarship cannot be granted for an applicant who:
‣ Scholarship offers will be sent to successful candidates by the end of May 2015 at the latest, and candidates are required to respond to the offer within 14 days.
‣ Please note that all decisions are sent by email only.
read the instructions and complete the application enclosures,
before entering the online application form.
‣ The application should be submitted online using the Swedish Institute application portal. Complete all the mandatory fields and attach all required documents. Only submit the application once and wait until you receive a confirmation email with your reference number.
‣ The reference number should be used whenever contacting SI with inquiries in regard to the scholarship application. If you cannot find the confirmation email in your inbox, first make sure to check your spam filter before contacting SI.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: 24:00 CET on Tuesday 10 January 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about 2017-2018 Visby Programme Scholarships