Victoria University of Wellington offers Achiever Scholarships for School Leavers for New Zealand students for 2013 academic year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Victoria Uni. of Wellington | New Zealand
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): Any subject offered by university
Deadline: 01 October 2013 .
Funded by: Victoria University of Wellington
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for New Zealand student.
Benefit( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: up to 70 scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration:This Scholarship is offered for three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Most will be for one year. A number of Victoria Achiever Scholarships will be extended to students in their second or third year, on the basis of academic achievement in the previous year of study.
‣ Victoria University of Wellington funds undergraduate scholarships for New Zealand students .
‣ The purpose of this scholarship is to recruit academically-able school leavers to a Bachelor’s degree programme at Victoria University.
‣ About 70 scholarships are been offered to Maori students, Pacific students, students with disabilities, students from decile 1-3 schools and students who can demonstrate financial hardship.
‣ Candidates must be represented in one or more of the following targeted groups: Maori students, Pacific students, students with disabilities, students from decile 1-3 schools and students who can demonstrate financial hardship.
‣ School leavers who are represented in one of the targeted groups above are eligible to apply.
‣ Students will need to have their NCEA Level 2 Certificate endorsed with Merit, or an equivalent level of achievement in an alternative qualification (eg. IB or CIE).
‣ All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the award recipient gaining NCEA Level 3 with at least 25 credits at Merit or Excellence (or equivalent in another qualification), University Entrance and admission to their degree programme.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Application forms are available from this website or by contacting Student Recruitment, Admission and Orientation, Victoria Uni. of Wellington. See below for contact details.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 01 October 2013 .
‣ Students will be notified by email in late October whether or not they have been selected for this award.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like