Victoria Scholarships is offered for International Students in Master's( by thesis) Research Degree Programme in New Zealand. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Victoria University of Wellington | New Zealand
Level: Masters Research Degree
Field(s): courses offered by the Victoria University of Wellington
Funded by: Victoria University of Wellington
Deadline: November 1, 2013.
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Victoria Scholarships are open for International Students.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: 30 Scholarships are offered by the Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for one year.
‣ Scholarship covers: $15,000 Plus domestic tuition fees.
‣ For the purpose of encouraging postgraduate research at Victoria, the University offers victoria scholarships to students about to commence a full-time, research-focussed Master’s degree.
‣ Over thirty scholarships shall be offered, consisting of a $15,000 stipend, plus domestic fees.
‣ International students, other than those from Australia will be liable to pay the difference between the full international student fee and the domestic fee.
To avail victoria scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ To encourage research at Masters level at Victoria university.
‣ Only those students enrolled solely for a 90 point thesis are eligible to apply.
‣ In some cases this will be Part 2 of a two-year Master’s degree and will usually have the course code 591.
‣ Students who are enrolled in Master’s degree programmes that have thesis or research components of less than 90 points, or who elect not to enrol for the solely by thesis option, but instead enrol in taught courses, internships, performance, portfolio, practicum, or other programme options, are eligible to apply for the Victoria Graduate Scholarships.
‣ Creative Writing candidates are eligible to apply for the Master’s [by thesis] Scholarship.
‣ Scholarships shall be awarded solely on the basis of academic merit by the University Scholarships Committee, a sub-committee of the University Research Committee.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications for these scholarships must be made on the forms obtainable from the top of this page or from the Scholarships Office.
‣ Referees statements: A template form for referees is available from this link http://www.victoria.ac.nz/home/admisenrol/payments/scholarships/publications/postgraduate-scholarships-referee-form.pdf
‣ please make this available to your referees. Reference stements should be submitted directly to the Scholarships Office by the referees.
‣ This may be by email only if they are sent from a verifiable institutional email address. It is important that you submit ONLY the documentation requested on the application form available from the link above, additional information will not be circulated to selection panels.
‣ Application forms and supporting documents should be sent to: Scholarships Office Research Office 10 Kelburn Parade Victoria University of Wellington PO Box 600 Wellington, New Zealand
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 01 November 2013.
‣ All offers for Victoria Master’s Scholarships will be made in late December of the year of application.
‣ Some applicants may be placed on a reserve list and will not be finally notified of the success or otherwise of their applications until as late as the end of February of the following year.
‣ If you are unsuccessful you may be notified by email only. Please provide a clearly written email address if available.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like