VBC PhD Programme is a research-oriented educational program that aims to support the scientific training of young graduates. A call for 2013 academic year applications is now announced open. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country):Vienna Biocenter | Austria
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): molecular life sciences
Funded by:The Programme is jointly organized by IMP, IMBA, GMI and MFPL.
Deadline: April 30, 2013.
Beneficiaries(Target Group): PhD Programme in Molecular Life Sciences is Open for International Students.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: Salaries in the Vienna Biocenter PhD programme are amongst the best in Europe. Within the salary health insurance, pension insurance, accident insurance and unemployment insurance are included. The semester tuition fee is also reimbursed by each Research Institute.
The average price of accommodation for a student is approx. 500 – 600 Euros per month depending on the type of accommodation and thus the salary guarantees that a student can live in Vienna rather comfortably.
‣ The VBC PhD Programme is a research-oriented educational program that aims to support the scientific training of young graduates.
‣ Students learn through original (supervised) research projects, and at the end of their studies they will be able to carry out independent research projects.
Vienna Biocenter PhD Programme ensures that its students have
protected time, mentorship, core facilities and a vibrant
‣ International PhD Programme in Molecular Life Sciences is offered by Vienna Biocenter (VBC), Austria. The Vienna Biocenter PhD Programme is a research-oriented educational program that aims to support the scientific training of young graduates from all over the world. The salary includes health insurance, pension insurance, accident insurance and unemployment insurance. Application will be submitted till April 30, 2013.
‣ Vienna Biocenter welcome VBC PhD Programme applicants from the United States and other countries with an Anglican education system.
‣ Applicants from Australia, Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom (UK), and New Zealand are able to enter their programme with a BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons) in a Life Sciences related subject and some research experience. ‣ United States students should contact the PhD Administrator to enquire if their BA degree fulfills the requirements for admission to the VBC programme.
‣ The program language is English throughout. Proficiency in English is therefore required. A formal proof of competence in English (IELTS, CPE or TOEFL) is recommended but not mandatory.
‣ Although they do not have a strict age limit, they think that PhD students should not be older than 30 years when they start their studies.
‣ Applicants will be assessed on the basis of their application and the letters of recommendation.
‣ Short-listed candidates will be invited for a five-day interview procedure in Vienna.
‣ They will reimburse round trip travel expenses and provide free accommodation.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Completed online application
‣ Two letters of recommendation.
‣ Apply now for the summer selection (deadline April 30, 2013).
‣ Notification: Interview Dates – first week of July.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like