UTS Presidents Scholarship (UTSP) for International Students in Australia, and applications are submitted till 20 August 2017. University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) is offering president’s scholarship to selected international students of exceptional research potential. The UTSP covers general living expenses for a period of two years for a research masters degree or three years for a research doctorate degree. In 2016, this amount is AUD $$26,288 per annum and is paid in equal fortnightly installments to the student bank account. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) | Australia
Level: masters by research and doctoral research programs
Field(s): any course available at University of Technology, Sydney (UTS).
Deadline: 20 August 2017
Funded By: University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UTS Presidents Scholarship is targeted for International Students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of a full-time UTSP is three years for a research doctorate candidate and two years for a master’s research candidate.‣ Scholarship covers: The value of the UTSP stipend shall be equal to the value of an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) offered by the Australian Department of Innovation, Industry Science and Research (DIISR). I The annual stipends for 2016 are: (a) $26,288 (currently tax-free) for full-time study mode; and (b) $13,144 (currently taxable) for part-time study mode. The UTSP stipend rates are indexed annually from the 1st of January every year.
‣ The UTS Presidents Scholarship (UTSP) is offered by the University to selected international students of exceptional research potential in receipt of a UTS International Research scholarship (UTS IRS) to undertake a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at the University of Technology, Sydney (UTS).
‣ The scholarship is provided to assist with general living costs.
‣ The duration of a full-time UTSP is three years for a research doctorate candidate and two years for a master’s research candidate.
‣ The University has the expectation that, with an appropriately scoped project and consistent effort, scholarship holders will complete their work and submit theses for examination within this time frame.
‣ In accepting the scholarship, the scholarship holder undertakes to work towards this goal. The UTSP scholarship is not transferrable to another institution.
‣ be an overseas student as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003; and
‣ holder of a international student visa, meeting requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs (DIMA), including the requirement to purchase and maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health and Ageing; and
‣ have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or be regarded by the University as having an equivalent level of attainment in accordance with clause (d); and
‣ Where applicants do not hold a Bachelor degree with First Class Honours in clause (c) above, the University may determine that the applicant has demonstrated an equivalent level of academic attainment. In determining an equivalent level of academic attainment, the University may consider previous study, relevant work experience, research publications, referees’ reports and other research experience.
‣ be commencing full-time enrollment for the first-time in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at an eligible scholarship provider.
‣ be enrolled as a full-time student; and
‣ not have completed a degree at the same or higher level as the proposed candidature; and
‣ must not previously have held an Australian Government-funded postgraduate research scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the scholarship’s payments commencing; and
‣ must not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the UTSP stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
‣ be a recipient of an UTS International Research Scholarship (UTS IRS)
Selection Criteria for UTS Presidents Scholarship
‣ The UTSP is awarded in accordance with the eligibility requirements and on a competitive basis using the respective Faculty/Institute’s scoring system based on:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ To apply, please submit the UTS International Higher Degree Research Application Form for both the degree and scholarship(s) through UTS: International by the advertised deadline.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 20 August 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.