Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students in Netherlands , and applications are submitted till February 1, 2016. Applications are invited for Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for pursuing Master's programme at the Utrecht University. Scholarships are open to non-EU/EEA students for the duration of the degree programme, which is one or two years, depending on the degree programme. Up to 25 scholarships are available for 2016-2017, divided over the 6 graduate schools. Successful applicant will receive tuition fees or tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Utrecht University | Netherlands
offered by the university.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Utrecht Excellence Scholarships are targeted for Non-EU/EEA students
‣ Award No: Up to 25 scholarships are available for 2016-2017, divided over the 6 Graduate Schools.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree
which is one or two years, depending on the degree programme. The
scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student
is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
in 1636 and located in the heart of the Netherlands, Utrecht
University is one of Europe’s leading research universities.
Utrecht University is offering up to 20-25 scholarships for
‣ The Utrecht Scholarships are awarded for the duration of the degree programme, which is one or two years, depending on the degree programme. The scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
‣ Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class
‣ Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
‣ Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands
‣ Have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of September 1, 2016.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
‣ Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
‣ The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation;
‣ The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s programme (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
‣ The quality of the application for the Master’s programme itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
‣ Applicant will be informed about the result of the scholarship procedure after they receive their admissions decision.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ After submitting an application for the master’s programme, non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship.
‣ You will need to upload the following documents:
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before February 1. Application for a scholarship will only be processed if applicant has submitted an application for a master’s programme as well. Please note that in some cases applicant may need to apply before December 1.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.