USAID Africa Bureau Internship In Sub-Saharan Africa & USA, and applications are submitted till December 31, 2015. Applications are invited for internships with the USAID Africa Bureau. This is an excellent opportunity for outstanding students interested in pursuing careers in international development. USAID will provide the student with housing, a small monthly stipend, and in-country travel costs. Washington, D.C. internships are unpaid positions. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Africa, Asia and Near East, Europe and Eurasia, or Latin America and the Caribbean or in one of the technical sectors such as Democracy, Economic Growth) , Education, Humanitarian Assistance, and Global Health
Internship is awarded in the field of International development.
Applicants should be studying relevant disciplines (public policy,
economics, journalism, agricultural economics, agronomy, public
administration, law, management, political science, health, etc.).
Africa Bureau Internship
citizens are eligible to apply for this internship. Non-U.S. citizens
may apply for
programs available through the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA).
number of summer internships is available for the applicants.
internship period is June – August, although this is negotiable.
this paid internship? USAID
will provide the student with housing, a small monthly stipend, and
in-country travel costs. The student or the sponsoring university
will be responsible for round-trip travel costs to Africa, medical
insurance (including Medevac insurance), automobile and other
insurance, and all other costs not paid or reimbursed by USAID.
Washington, D.C. internships are unpaid positions. While students
will be required to obtain a security clearance, they will not be
required to undergo a medical clearance process. In addition, there
is no requirement that they have special medical insurance and a
medical evacuation plan.
‣ USAID’s Africa Bureau expects to have a limited number of summer 2016 internships available in a few of our overseas missions in sub-Saharan Africa as well as in Washington, D.C.
is an excellent opportunity for outstanding students interested in
pursuing careers in international development. In sub-Saharan Africa,
USAID works to help build sustained and well-governed states that
respond to the needs of their people, reduce widespread poverty, and
conduct themselves responsibly in the international system.
assistance to Africa aims to help African governments, institutions,
and organizations advance good governance principles and innovative
approaches to health, education, economic growth, agriculture, and
will have the opportunity to contribute to USAID’s work in Africa
while learning valuable lessons about international development and
working closely with our staff members.
work assigned to an intern in most office divisions includes
research, writing program memoranda, drafting documents, facilitating
meetings and special events, attending program discussions in the
Agency and at the Department of State, and communicating on program
issues for USAID field Missions abroad.
‣ Students must be American citizens (Students that possess dual citizenship are very unlikely to receive a security clearance).
‣ Students must be college juniors, seniors, or graduate students at the time of their application. Student status will be verified by USAID.
‣ Students should inform their university’s office of international programs or the equivalent that they are applying for an internship. It is in the interest of the student that the university be aware of the application.
Notification of USAID Africa Bureau Internship results
‣ On February 2, 2016 all students will be notified of USAID’s decision.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Students will apply online at the USAID web site. The online application form will ask you to fill in basic information as well as a description of your foreign language skills and overseas experience.
‣ You will also be asked to submit a statement of intent, and resume (or CV) online. The statement of intent should discuss your interests in development and indicate how the internship fits into your career goals.
‣ Offers of positions under this internship program are subject to sufficient funding for these purposes.
‣ And, security clearances referenced above MUST be obtained before the commencement of any internship.
‣ Internship Applications are due on December 31, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.