US Charles M Vest NAE Grand Challenges for Engineering International Scholarship Program in USA , and applications are submitted till November 1, 2017. Applications are invited for vest scholarships available for international graduate students to work and study at one of nine US universities. These Vest Scholarships offer applicants the opportunity to spend a year at a leading US engineering school pursuing research to address one of the 14 NAE Grand Challenges for Engineering. Applicants must be currently enrolled and in good standing in an eligible graduate-level (master’s or doctoral) engineering or engineering-related program at the time of application and during the scholarship year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: graduate students for carrying out research at one of nine US universities.
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded to students currently enrolled in engineering or engineering-related program for research in or more of the areas described in the 14 NAE Grand Challenges for Engineering.
Deadline: November 1, 2017
Funded By: Royal Academy of Engineering (UK), National Academy of Engineering (US) and Chinese Academy of Engineering
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): US Charles M Vest NAE Grand Challenges are tageted for International applicants
‣ Award No: For the 2015-2016 year, there will be one Vest Scholarship offered at each of the nine partner institutions.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are awarded for the 12-month duration.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Vest Scholarships offer applicants: -The opportunity to spend a year at a leading US engineering school pursuing research to address one of the 14 NAE Grand Challenges for Engineering; -Living and travel expenses and tuition covered by the host institution for the 12-month duration of the scholarship -An opportunity to perform research in the laboratory of a leading faculty scholar; -Access to relevant engineering classes and academic credit toward their graduate degrees (subject to the policies of the host institution and agreement between the host institution and student’s degree-granting institution.
‣ The US Charles M Vest NAE Grand Challenges for Engineering International Scholarship Program offers an unprecedented opportunity for international graduate students to work and study at one of nine US universities performing leading research in one or more of the areas described in the US National Academy of Engineering (NAE) Grand Challenges for Engineering.
‣ The goals of the US Charles M Vest NAE Grand Challenges are to provide a platform to exchange ideas, share problem-solving skills and strengthen international relationships in order to advance progress in some of the most critical global challenges in the twenty-first century.
‣ Applicants must be currently enrolled and in good standing in an eligible graduate-level (master’s or doctoral) engineering or engineering-related program at the time of application and during the scholarship year.
‣ Exception: PhD graduates from eligible schools who are interested in careers in engineering education may apply for a post-doctoral Vest Scholarship at Olin College in the Grand Challenge area 13, Advancing personalized learning. Olin will also accept applications from current post-docs at eligible schools.
‣ Applications will be accepted from students at non-U.S. institutions that participated in the 2013 NAE/Royal Academy of Engineering/Chinese Academy of Engineering Global Grand Challenges Summit held in London.
‣ Winning statements will be those that present the most compelling and potentially impactful proposal, and that map best onto Grand Challenge activities at the participating institutions.
‣ Students’ academic aptitude and potential for success will also be an important part of the selection process.
‣ Applicants will be notified by February 15, 2018
‣ Welcome to the online application for the Charles M. Vest NAE Grand Challenges for Engineering International Scholarships.
To complete the application, you must provide:
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. All documents not written in English must be accompanied by English translations from the issuing institution or a professional translation service.
Please note that if you are selected as a Vest Scholar by one of our participating schools, the institution may require additional information to finalize your acceptance.
Applicants whose primary language is not English may be asked to provide official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) directly to any institution considering their application.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 1, 2017
Timeline of the scholarship
August 1, 2017: Application form opens for 2018-2019 scholarships
November 1, 2017: Applications due for 2018-2019 scholarships
February 15, 2018: Vest Scholarship winners contacted
Summer 2018: Vest Scholars begin a year of study at their US host institution
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.