URC International Scholarships in South Africa, and applications are submitted till 15 May, 2015. University of Johannesburg (UJ) is offering International Scholarships to non-South African students from SADC and other African countries. Scholarships are awarded to students currently registered for Master's and Doctoral degrees. Funding is provided for one year and is renewable for subsequent years within the term of the degree (indicated above) and is subject to sufficient progress and availability of funds. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa
Level: master’s and doctoral programme
Deadline: 15 May 2015.
Funded By: University of Johannesburg (UJ)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): URC International Scholarships are targeted for URC International Scholarship is awarded to non-South African students. Students from SADC and other African countries should be given preference.
‣ Award No: There are six scholarships available for Master’s students
and two for Doctoral students and the successful candidates are selected by a panel of university officials.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Funding is provided for one year and is renewable for subsequent years within the term of the degree and is subject to sufficient progress and availability of funds. The scholarship amount is available in two portions, one per semester.
‣ Scholarship covers: The value of the scholarships are: Master’s = R65 000 and PhD = R95 000
‣ URC Scholarships are scholarships awarded to non-South African students from SADC and other African countries currently registered for Master’s and Doctoral degrees. Students who meet the criteria indicated on the eligibility requirement section of the Guideline are welcome to apply for the scholarship.
‣ Not be South African citizens or permanent residents. Students from SADC and other African countries should be given preference.
‣ Be registered for a full-time Master’s or PhD and within the following term: Master’s – within two years from first date of registration for the degree; Doctoral – within three years from first date of registration for the degree
‣ May not hold any bursaries, awards, assistantships or emoluments concurrently with the URC international scholarship, which bind him/her to enter the service of any organisation upon completion of his/her studies. In addition, the scholarship may not be held concurrently with any other NRF, university or Government funded scholarship/bursary.
‣ Have an average of at least 60% in the previous degree.
‣ Registering for the first time for the specific level of study.
‣ The scholarship-holder may not hold full-time salaried employment during the tenure of the scholarship, but he/she will be allowed to undertake a maximum of twelve hours of teaching, tutorials, assistance or demonstration duties per week on average during the year of study, and he/she may be remunerated for his/her services, provided that he/she is reimbursed at the normal university tariff for services rendered.
‣ All awardees will be required to enter into a signed agreement with the University of Johannesburg.
Notification for URC International Scholarships
‣ The panel decision is final. Feedback is not provided to unsuccessful candidates. If you are not contacted directly within four weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The nomination form must be completed electronically by the student and signed by the student and Dean of the Faculty.
‣ Forms must be submitted with attachments to Ms Dudu Mbatha at the Postgraduate Centre, APK Library, Level one). Completed applications forms together with the requested documents can be hand delivered to the Postgraduate Centre, Kingsway Campus.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 May 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website Application Form
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.