UoN Research Higher Degree Scholarships for International Students in Australia, and Next scholarship round applications close 18 August; Latest Outcome Date: 1 December 2017; Latest Commencement Date: 30 July 2018. Applications are invited for fully funded postgraduate research scholarships available for international students at University of Newcastle (UoN). To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must have written statement of support from a UON supervisor ; an satisfy the English proficiency requirement (IELTS of at least 6.5, 7.0 in some disciplines ; met admission eligibility criteria ; be no more than two full-time equivalent years into their PhD (or one year for Masters) at the scholarship closing date in which you are applying. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Newcastle (UoN) | Australia
Level: Postgraduate Research Programme
Field(s): any of the courses at University of Newcastle (UoN).
Deadline: Next scholarship round applications close 18 August; Latest Outcome Date: 1 December 2017; Latest Commencement Date: 30 July 2018
Funded By: University of Newcastle (UoN) and Commonwealth Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UoN Research Higher Degree Scholarships are targeted for International students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers:
The scholarship may also include:
PhD scholarships are for three and a half years and Masters scholarships are for two years, less any tenure already completed towards a research degree.
‣ The University offers a number of postgraduate research UoN Research Higher Degree Scholarships to support international research candidates. Applications are accepted between 1 January and 31 August each year.
Successful international scholarship candidates usually also have:
Key scholarship conditions
‣ Scholarship outcomes are known from mid December each year.
Step 1 - Find a research degree
Find the right research degree for you on our full listing of:
Step 2 - Find a supervisor
All research degree candidates require a supervisor.
Scholarship applicants - All Commonwealth Government and UON scholarship applications must include a statement of support from a UON supervisor to be considered for scholarship. Support from a potential supervisor is needed before your application can be considered but does not guarantee that you will be offered admission or awarded a scholarship.
For admission only applicants - it is highly recommended you liaise with a UON supervisor prior to submitting your application.
Step 3 - Write a research proposal
You are required to submit a research proposal which is a clear statement describing your proposed area of research. Consultation with an academic staff member in your area of research interest is required.
Step 4 - Apply now
If you have already registered, continue to the online application form.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Next scholarship round applications close 18 August; Latest Outcome Date: 1 December 2017; Latest Commencement Date: 30 July 2018
Round 1, 2018
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.