UoN Research Higher Degree Scholarships for International Students in Australia, and applications are submitted till 31st August 2014. Applications are invited for fully funded postgraduate research scholarships available for international students at University of Newcastle (UoN). To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must have an IELTS of at least 6.5 and a master’s degree with strong research component. A scholarship provides an annual living allowance $25,392 p.a. (2014 rate), relocation and establishment allowance of up to $2,020 and covers full tuition fee and overseas student health. An applicant must have been made an offer of admission to a research higher degree to be eligible for the offer of award of a research scholarship. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Newcastle (UoN) | Australia
Level: Postgraduate Research Programme
Field(s): any of the courses at University of Newcastle (UoN).
Deadline: 31st August 2014
Funded By: University of Newcastle (UoN) and Commonwealth Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UoN Research Higher Degree Scholarships are targeted for International students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship covers: A scholarship funded by the University of Newcastle or the Commonwealth Government provides: -An annual living allowance $25,392 p.a. (2014 rate). This amount is indexed annually. -A full tuition fee scholarship -Relocation and establishment allowance of up to $2,020 -Overseas student health cover
‣ The University offers a number of postgraduate research UoN Research Higher Degree Scholarships to support international research candidates. Applications are accepted between 1 January and 31 August each year.
‣ An IELTS of at least 6.5;
‣ Honour class one or equivalent;
‣ An outstanding Grade Point average;
‣ A master degree with strong research component;
‣ International peer reviewed research publication or research experience. An applicant must have been made an offer of admission to a research higher degree to be eligible for the offer of award of a research scholarship.
‣ Applications are assessed and ranked according to merit.
‣ Scholarship outcomes are known from mid December each year.
‣ Applicants apply for a scholarship as part of applying for admission by answering the relevant questions on the admission application form.
‣ Once you have completed your application form, you may send it to by email, fax or post.
‣ Your application for admission must include:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31st August 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.