UOIT Global Leadership Award for International Students in Canada, and applications are submitted till March 31, 2016. The University of Ontario Institute of Technology’s (UOIT) invites applications for global leadership award from international secondary school student currently studying outside of Canada. The award is valued at $72,000 ($18,000 x 4 years). To qualify for renewal of these awards, students must maintain an average of 80 percent or 3.7 GPA while studying at UOIT on a full-time course load (as per UOIT’s grading scale). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): UOIT | Canada
Level: undergraduate programme.
Field(s): all subjects available at UOIT.
Deadline: March 31, 2016.
Funded By: University of Ontario Institute of Technology’s (UOIT), Canada
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UOIT Global Leadership Award is targeted for International students (Non-Canadian citizens)
‣ No. of awards: One award will be available.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : The duration of Award is 4 years. To qualify for renewal of these awards, students must maintain an average of 80 percent or 3.7 GPA while studying at UOIT on a full-time course load (as per UOIT’s grading scale).
‣Value of Scholarship : The award is valued at $72,000 ($18,000 x 4 years).
‣ If you are an international secondary school student entering an undergraduate program at UOIT on a study permit, and are currently studying outside of Canada, you can apply for Global Leadership Award(GLA).
‣ The GLA scholarship is one of UOIT’s most prestigious entrance awards. Valued at $72,000 ($18,000 a year for four years), the GLA recognizes international secondary school applicants with strong academic and leadership abilities. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are not eligible for the GLA.
‣ Nominated by high school.
‣ Only one candidate per school will be considered for this award.
‣ An excellent academic record (“A” average OR equivalent grading based on the high school evaluation where the candidate is studying).
‣ Personal leadership activities: e.g. excellence in extracurricular activities beyond academic requirements and/or significant contributions to community or family.
‣ Undergraduate studying towards their first university degree.
‣ Non-Canadian citizens only and a high school applicant currently studying outside of Canada only.
Note: If your Canadian immigration status changes, the value of the award will change.
Selection Criteria for UOIT Global Leadership Award
‣ The Awards Committee will make selections based on the above qualifications.
‣ Successful applicants will be notified by early June
Scholarship Application Method
‣ All information must be keyboarded or typed on additional paper, except where noted. Handwritten applications will be discarded. Submit a maximum of two letters of reference with your application.
‣ Ensure that the letters are in sealed envelopes that are stamped or signed across the seal by the referee. Submit completed applications to the UOIT Registrar’s Office via post.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : March 31, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.