UNU Junior Fellows Internship Programme In Japan,and applications are submitted till 29 October 2017. The United Nations University Office of the Rector is inviting applications for Junior Fellows Internship Programme for spring 2018. Applicants must be currently pursuing or has recently completed postgraduate studies (master’s or doctoral), preferably in a field related to the University’s work are eligible to apply. The junior fellow position is unpaid (i.e. there is no remuneration), one may participate in the programme on a student visa, the applicant is required to secure accommodation on their own. Two to a maximum of five junior fellows are selected for each term. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Tokyo, Japan
Executive Management, Institutional Development
Course Level: Internship
Deadline: 29 October 2017
Funded By: United Nations University Internship Programme office of the Rector
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UNU Junior Fellows Internship is targeted for applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
to a maximum of five junior fellows are selected for each term.
‣ Scholarship Duration:
this paid internship? This
will depend on terms stipulated in their scholarship. As such, this
will be a matter for the Student Affairs Office at their university.
However, note that as the junior fellow position is unpaid (i.e.
there is no remuneration), one may participate in the programme on a
student visa. While work permits restrict the number of hours that
one may work for paid positions, a junior fellow’s time at UNU does
not apply to this restriction
United Nations University Office of the Rector recruits highly
qualified applicants to work as Junior Fellows at the UNU
headquarters in Tokyo. Junior Fellows are recruited through a
competitive application process twice per year.
students interested in the work of the United Nations — and in
particular, UNU — are encouraged to apply.
underlying principles of the UNU
Junior Fellows Internship
Programme at the Office of the Rector are centred on creating a
dynamic, challenging and rewarding experience for graduate level
students and young professionals.
candidates will contribute to the work of the Office of the Rector,
the United Nations University, and the UN system as a whole. The
programme provides opportunities for the development of new skills
and knowledge and is a unique and constructive setting for the
practical application of capacities acquired through graduate
programme places a strong emphasis on the training, guidance, and
hands-on experience that form the foundation of a successful and
beneficial internship. The programme opens with a one-week
orientation designed to familiarize junior fellows with UNU, their
co-workers, facilities and the working processes within the Office of
knowledge and practical experience gained will also be beneficial to
those candidates seeking a career in the United Nations. Junior
fellows at the Office of the Rector can expect to gain valuable work
experience while contributing in meaningful ways to UNU’s mission.
‣ is currently pursuing or has recently completed postgraduate studies (master’s or doctoral), preferably in a field related to the University’s work;
‣ is under 32 years of age at the time of application;
‣ must not have more than 5 years of work experience in their related field;
‣ has a native or near fluent command of written and spoken English;
‣ has excellent research, writing and analytical skills;
‣ can establish and maintain effective working relations with people from diverse backgrounds;
‣ demonstrates resourcefulness and creativity in problem-solving;
‣ has advanced computer skills: sound, hands-on, knowledge of standard office software (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc.); and
‣ has a demonstrated interest in the work of the United Nations and more specifically, in the work of the United Nations University.
Notification of UNU Junior Fellows Internship results
‣ At the end of each stage, both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified of the status of their application. Successful applicants will be given instructions on the next stage of the application process.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The application process is conducted in two stages. Therefore, the total amount of time for the process depends on how far the applicant advances. Starting from the deadline for the first stage of the application, each stage takes approximately one week.
‣ Internship Applications are due on 29 October 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.