Unu-Isp Phd Scholarships In Sustainability Science For Developing Countries In Japan, and applications are submitted till 28th April 2017. Applications are invited for full PhD scholarships in the area of sustainability science at United Nations University. A limited number of PhD scholarships (covering tuition fees and living costs) for a maximum of 36 months are available for outstanding applicants from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance. Applicants must have completed Master’s degree in disciplines related to sustainability studies and must have a minimum of 2 years of practical field experience related to UNU-ISP research themes in a responsible capacity. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Japan
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in the area of Sustainability Science at United Nations University.
Deadline: 28th April 2017.
Funded By: United Nations University Institute for Sustainability and Peace
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Unu-Isp Phd Scholarships are targeted for Students of developing countries (Afghanistan, Angola, Benin, Bhutan, Burundi, Central African Rep., Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Yemen, Korea, Dem. Rep., Kyrgyz Rep., South Sudan, Tajikistan, Zimbabwe, Armenia, Belize, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Congo, Rep, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, El Salvador, Fiji, Ghana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Federated States, Mongolia, Morocco, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay,
Philippines, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Syria, Tokelau, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Algeria, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Gabon, Grenada, Iran, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Panama, Peru, Seychelles, South Africa, St. Helena, St. Kitts-Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Grenadines, Suriname, Thailand, Tunisia, Uruguay, Venezuela and Wallis and Futuna).
‣ Award No: A limited number of PhD scholarships will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships will be offered for a maximum of 36 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship covers the full tuition fees and provides a monthly allowance of 150, 000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 36 months. Travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student.
‣ A limited number of Unu-Isp Phd Scholarships (covering tuition fees and living costs) are available for outstanding applicants from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
‣ The scholarship covers the full tuition fees, and provides a monthly allowance of 150, 000 JPY* for living expenses for a maximum of 36 months.
‣ Travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student. 150,000 JPY is the average monthly living cost for an international student without dependents in Tokyo, although this amount may vary depending on the lifestyle of the student.
‣ Unu-Isp Phd Scholarships Applicants for the PhD in Sustainability Science are required to met all of the following requirements by the application deadline in order to be considered:
‣ These PhD scholarships will be awarded to outstanding applicants from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
‣ The successful applicants will be notified by email to the address provided on Application Form.
‣ The unsuccessful applicants will be notified by e-mail to the address provided on Application Form. Admissions Office does not provide individual feedback on unsuccessful applications.
‣ Applicants are required to apply Online Application form
‣ Scholarship Applications are open until 28th April 2017.
For information on the specific courses offered as part of this degree programme, please visit the the curriculum information page on the UNU-IAS online learning website.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.