UNU-GCM Visiting Researchers Programme in Spain , and applications are submitted till 14 April 2015. UNU-GCM is offering three positions of three months each to postdoctoral researchers in the humanities and social sciences with expertise in the area of Female Agency, Mobility and Socio-cultural change. UNU-GCM provides a monthly stipend of EUR 1,000 as a contribution towards accommodation, medical, and other out-of-pocket expenses. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Spain (Barcelona)
Level: three months Visiting Researchers Programme.
Deadline: 14 April 2015.
Funded By: United Nations University
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UNU-GCM Visiting Researchers are targeted for International applicants
‣ Award No: UNU-GCM is currently offering three places of three months each to post-doctoral researchers.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of award is three months.
‣ Scholarship covers: UNU-GCM provides a monthly stipend of EUR 1,000 as a contribution towards accommodation, medical, and other out-of-pocket expenses. Payment will be made in installments. The final payment of EUR 1,000 will be made upon proof of submission of the final research output, as agreed with the Director, to a refereed scholarly journal or other outlet. Additionally, there will be financial support towards travel of up to EUR 500, if necessary. No funds will be available for research-related costs
‣ The UNU Institute on Globalization, Culture and Mobility (UNU-GCM) Visiting Researchers Programme gives qualified individuals an opportunity to research topics related to the ongoing programme on Female Agency, Mobility and Socio-cultural Change, and to participate in other UNU-GCM activities. Visiting Researchers are expected to reside in Barcelona and work from the UNU-GCM office at the Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site.
‣ UNU-GCM is currently offering three (3) positions of three months each to postdoctoral researchers in the humanities and social sciences with expertise in the area of Female Agency, Mobility and Socio-cultural change.
‣ A PhD in either Migration Studies, Media Studies, Audiovisual and/or Communication Studies, Cultural Studies or in a field of the humanities or social sciences that considers questions of transnationalism, cultural dynamics, female agency, mobility and socio-cultural change;
‣ A strong record of research productivity and publications;
‣ The ability to work and publish in a UN working language. A good command of English and Spanish will be an advantage;
‣ A keen interest to collaborate with the team at UNU-GCM; and
‣ Willingness to reside in Barcelona for the duration of the residency.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be send via e-mail. All applications must include:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 14 April 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.