University of Warsaw Scholarships are offered for postdoctoral fellows in Poland. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Warsaw | Poland
Level: Postdoctoral Fellowships
Field(s): The fellowships are awarded in the Traditions of Mediterranean Humanism and the Challenges of Our Times
Deadline: June 23, 2013 noon, Warsaw time.
‣ Award No: Two postdoctoral fellowships are available at University of Warsaw in Poland.
Funded By: University of Warsaw
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Warsaw Scholarships are targeted for Open for students of Poland.
‣ Scholarship Duration:
The appointment is for 18 months (planned from 1 October 2013 to 31 March 2015).
‣ Scholarship covers: The value of the contract is (c. 4500 PLN monthly, after taxes).
‣ Key responsibilities for post doc in the Project( University of Warsaw Scholarships)
(1). Assisting the PhD students taking part in the Project:
(2). Regular work on his/her own research project in order to increase the research results of the Project (at least 3 peer-reviewed publications during participation in the Project):
(3). Teaching courses based on research results for the MA students of the College of Interdepartmental Individual Studies in the Humanities and the Collegium Artes Liberales at the University of Warsaw;
(4). Tutorials for BA and MA students of the College of Interdepartmental Individual Studies in the Humanities and the Collegium Artes Liberales.
The University of Warsaw Scholarships applicants are expected to:
‣ have a PhD degree in the humanities, social sciences or theological studies, defended not earlier than on January 1, 2010 (diploma or an official University certificate confirming the degree is required);
‣ the term may be extended for two more years in the cases below: - for male candidates who had taken paternity leave of at least 3 months - for female candidates who gave birth or adopted a child;
‣ demonstrate academic achievements (publications, conference papers, organizing scholarly activities);
‣ be fluent in both spoken and written English, as well as other languages necessary for doing research in the chosen field of research within the Project.
‣ Formulate a two-year plan of research work related to the fields of research within the Project
‣ All interviews will be similarly structured and will deal with the candidate’s academic and/or professional career, his or her research interests, and the research work plan for the next two years, and languages competency.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply electronically. The applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The deadline for application (with attachments in PDF format) is June 23, 2013 noon, Warsaw time.
‣ Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview by July 8, 2013.
‣ The interview will be conducted either in person at the Faculty of “Artes Liberales” of the University of Warsaw or virtually through videoconferencing system if a candidate is unable to come to Warsaw.
‣ The interviews will be held no later than 27 July 2013.
‣ All interviews will be similarly structured and will deal with the candidate’s academic and/or professional career, his or her research interests, the research work plan for the next two years, and languages competency.
‣ The interview will be conducted in English.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, Fellowships, Humanities, Poland, Postdoctoral, Sciences, Social, Studies, Theological, University, Warsaw