University of Turin Scholarships for International Students in Italy, and applications are submitted till Friday, September 2nd, 2016 at 3 p.m. (Italian date and hour).. University of Turin is awarding 13 Scholarships for International Students willing to enroll in the first year of one of UniTO’s second cycle degrees, a.y. 2016-2017. Scholarships will cover enrolment taxes and living costs in Turin. The total amount of the scholarship is 9.000 euro per year, 750 euro per month for 12 months, gross of all charges for the beneficiary’s account Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): the University of Turin | Italy
Level: master’s programme
Field(s): study the subjects available at the university.
Deadline: Friday, September 2nd, 2016 at 3 p.m. (Italian date and hour).
Funded By: University of Turin, Italy
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Turin Scholarships are targeted for International Students
‣ No. of awards: In order to promote the attendance of international students in its degree programmes, the University of Turin will fund 13 annual scholarships for deserving international students enrolling for a.y. 2016-17 on the first year of a second cycle degree programme offered by the University of Turin.
All those students whose qualifications for admission to the chosen second cycle degree programme were obtained in an institution outside of the Italian education system, in spite of their citizenship, are considered to be “international students”.
Tenure : The
scholarship will cover a period of one year.
‣Value of Scholarship : Scholarships are awarded for supporting students for enrolment, accommodation and living costs.
The annual amount of each scholarship, regardless of the Country of origin of candidates, is calculated on the basis of 12 monthly instalments of 750 euros each, for a total amount of 9,000 euros a year, gross of all charges for the beneficiary’s account.
‣ The University of Turin is offering 12 scholarships for deserving international students willing to enroll in the first year of one of UniTO’s second cycle degrees, a.y. 2015-2016.
‣ University of Turin Scholarships are addressed to students who, regardless of their citizenship, have obtained their entrance requirement for Master Degree (First Cycle Degree or equivalent qualification). Above-mentioned qualification must be achieved abroad at foreign Institutions operating outside of the Italian system.
1) regardless of the nationality of the candidates, having obtained the qualification valid access to the Master’s Degree selected in an institution external to the system and working to Italian outside of the Italian State;
2) be in possession of the necessary requirements for access to the course of study chosen to be in the-conditions have such requirements when registering for the course of study (for more information check the entry requirements for the course of studies of interest);
‣ Applicants willing to enroll in the first year of one of UniTO’s second cycle degrees, a.y. 2015-2016 can apply.
‣ Applications are admitted just for the first year enrolment, applicants enrolled with a shortening of course will not be accepted. Erasmus Mundus students or MAECI (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation) scholarships beneficiaries will not be accepted
Selection Criteria for University of Turin Scholarships
‣ Applications will be judged by a special commission that will formulate the merit list in descending order of scor, divided by geographical allocation of grants.
‣ At constant score on the same geographical area, will have preference to the younger candidate. If for a specific area· There were enough suitable candidates, at the discretion of Commission grants will be awarded to deserving students to another area.
‣ The scholarships are awarded on the basis of the score of graduation studies valid for access the Master of Science, converted one hundred and ten, and the evaluation of the curriculum vitae and studiorum candidates.
‣ They will also be evaluated, for the candidates who are in possession, the information and data quoted in the Diploma Supplement and the results achieved in the GRE test (Revised enerai Test).
‣ Applicants will be notified in September 2016. The lists will be published in September 2016 on the University website.
Winners will be notified of the award of the study grant by e-mail.
In order to confirm the acceptance, assignees shall send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10 days from the date of receipt of notice of award of the scholarship, under penalty of loss of the scholarship. In this statement, assignees shall provide express confirmation, under their own full responsibility, that they do not fall within any of the conditions of incompatibility laid down in article 2 of this Call for applications. They shall also commit to notify the university of any variation in the declared information which may arise during the year.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications must be submitted by one of the following ways:
Applicants must obligatorily attach to their application:
1) Copy of their currently valid passport or, only for EU citizens, copy of their identity document;
2) Application form, which may be downloaded from the University portal at: en.unito.it – studying at Unito – Scholarships for international students (direct link: http://en.unito.it/studying- unito/scholarships-international-students). The form must be duly filled in in each of its parts and signed. 3) Copy of the “score report” of GRE test (Revised General Test). GRE test must be complete with all sections and must have been sat not earlier than 5 years before the deadline for application of the present Call. 4) Study plan of university courses with grades (transcript of records).
5) Certificate confirming the qualifications suitable for admission to the chosen second cycle degree
Students, who have not completed their qualifications by the deadline for presentation of
applications, may apply anyway; in such a case, they shall attach an updated transcript of records
together with a declaration indicating the timing predicted for graduation.
The award of the scholarship is subject to the effective completion of the qualification prior to registration in a.y. 2016-17
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on Friday, September 2nd, 2016 at 3 p.m. (Italian date and hour).
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.