University of Trento, School of Social Sciences is offering 23 PhD Scholarship in Italy. Full details:
School(Institutions/Country): Uni of Trento | Italy
Field(s): Economics and Management, Local Development and Global Dynamics and Sociology and Social Research
Deadline: 3 July 2013.
Funded by: Fondazione Bruno Kessler,Telecom Italia S.p.A and University of Trento, Italy
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for Scholarship Open for the International/EU(Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Netherlands,
Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia and Montenegro, Slovakia (Slovak Republic), Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, Vatican City) students.
‣ Award No: 23 PhD Scholarships are awarded out of which 9 for PhD in Economics and Management, 4 for PhD in Local Development and Global Dynamics and 10 are offered for PhD in Sociology and Social Research.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for three years.
‣ Scholarship Covers:
‣ PhD in Economics and Management (9 scholarships): The programme focuses on the fields of decision sciences, organization, human and natural resource management with special attention to methodologies used in a behavioral approach to economic studies.
‣ Such an approach is increasingly adopted to generate predictions about market dynamics, particularly in the fields of finance, natural resources and tourism, and consumption, as well as to design organizations and institutions.
‣ PhD in Local Development and Global Dynamics (4 scholarships).
‣ The programme focuses on theoretical knowledge of the new characteristics of local development in the context of globalizing societies and on the processes through which the new emerging global codified knowledge has to be re-contextualized and combined with local specificities.
‣ Sincere searching local development in all its complexities requires mastering subjects that range across a wide area, the first year of the programme has a decidedly interdisciplinary character, while subsequently allowing students acquire specialized research skills in their chosen major, also at some of the partner universities.
‣ PhD in Sociology and Social Research (10 scholarships): The programme has a long-standing tradition of emphasizing theoretically informed empirical research.
‣ During the programme, the students will learn how to systematically combine theoretical reflection with qualitative and quantitative empirical research.
‣ To this end, it provides an in-depth study of sociological theory by means of direct and detailed comparison of the classic texts and the contemporary debates, as well as by the professional-level teaching of the methodology of social science research and the main techniques of research and empirical analysis.
‣ University of Trento scholarship applications are accepted from candidates, regardless of gender, age and nationality, who hold an Italian “laurea specialistica (magistrale)”, according to the Ministerial Decree no. 509 of the 3 rd November 1999 and subsequent amendments, a university degree of the previous regulations in force, or an equivalent degree obtained abroad.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online here now
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 3 July 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like