University of Tasmania Research Scholarship in International Environmental Law and Governance, Australia , and applications are submitted till 30 September, 2015. University of Tasmania is offering a Research Scholarship in the area of International Environmental Law and Governance. The PhD project will draw upon the renowned strengths of the Faculty of Law and IMAS as leading international centres in the study of the environment, climate change, Antarctic and oceans law and governance. The scholarship is open to both Australian (domestic) and International candidates. This scholarship provides $25,849pa (2015 rate) living allowance for 3 years, with a possible 6 month extension. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Tasmania | Australia
Level: PhD research programme
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded to undertake research in one of the following areas: Climate Change Law and Governance, International Environmental Law and Governance, Antarctic Law and Governance, Ocean Law and Governance, Geoengineering Law and Governance and Climate Change Justice.
Deadline: 30 September 2015
Funded By: University of Tasmania, Australia
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Tasmania Research Scholarship is targeted for Australian (domestic) candidates and to International candidates.
‣ No. of awards: There is a scholarship available in International Environmental Law and Governance.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Scholarship is awarded for the duration of 3 years, with a possible 6 month extension.
‣Value of Scholarship : This scholarship provides $25,849pa (2015 rate) living allowance for 3 years, with a possible 6 month extension.
‣ The PhD project will draw upon the renowned strengths of the Faculty of Law and IMAS as leading international centres in the study of the environment, climate change, Antarctic and oceans law and governance.
will interest candidates who are planning careers in international
environmental affairs, in private legal practice or working in
government, United Nations agencies, inter-governmental
organisations, non-governmental organisations and academia.
supervision team for this PhD research will be led by Dr Jeffrey
McGee, Senior Lecturer in Climate Change/Marine/Antarctic Law at
are various other leading researchers in climate change, oceans and
Antarctic law and governance who may participate in the supervision
research team including; Professor Jan McDonald (Environmental and
Climate Change Law), Professor Ben Richardson (Environmental Law),
Professor Marcus Haward (Oceans/Antarctic Governance), Dr Julia
Jabour (Oceans/Antarctic Law) and Dr Peter Lawrence (International
Environmental Law/Climate Justice).
‣ The scholarship is open to Australian (domestic) candidates and to International candidates.
‣ The PhD must be undertaken on a full-time basis.
‣ Applicants must already have been awarded an Honours degree or hold equivalent qualifications or relevant and substantial research experience in an appropriate sector.
‣ Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong research and analytical skills.
‣ High quality students with honours (or equivalent) undergraduate degrees in law, international relations and/or environmental studies are invited to apply.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants should complete the Application Form for Admission and Scholarship for Higher Degree Research Candidature form and indicate in Section 9 Scholarship Support that you wish to be considered for the International Environmental Law and Governance Scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 September, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.