University of Sydney offers International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Australia.Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Uni of Sydney | Australia
Level: Postgraduate Research Degree
Field(s): Research in the Faculty of Science at Uni. of Sydney in Australia.
Funded By: University of Sydney in Australia.
Deadline: 30th September 2013.
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is targeted for International Students.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: Limited number of scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for three years, subject to satisfactory progress, with a possible extension of up to a maximum of one year.
‣ Scholarship Covers: The scholarship consists of the full cost of academic tuition fees plus a stipend equivalent to an Australian Postgraduate Award indexed annually (APA stipend rates for 2013 are $24,653 for full-time students).
‣ The Faculty of Science offers a limited number of full-time postgraduate research scholarships to outstanding international students wishing to undertake a research doctorate degree (PhD) in the Faculty of Science.
‣ Applications are sought from top-performing students currently enrolled in the final year of either a four-year Bachelors degree in Science or a four-year Bachelors/Honours/Masters degree in Science, at an international university.
‣ The final year of the degree must include an independent research component which accounts for a minimum of 25% of the final year marks awarded.
‣ The award of the scholarship is competitive on the basis of academic merit.
To avail University of Sydney Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarships , candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Be currently enrolled in the final year of either a four-year Bachelors degree in Science or a four-year Bachelors/Honours/Masters degree in Science, at an international university (a non-Australian university). The final year of the degree must include a research component which accounts for a minimum of 25% of the marks awarded.;
‣ Have achieved a GPA greater than 85 or an average A grade, or have a relevant subject specific GPA of 90, or equivalent;
‣ May not be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency in Australia;
‣ Be commencing full time postgraduate study at the University for the first time;
‣ Not be in receipt of any other tuition fee scholarship;
‣ Successfully complete their 4th year of their current Bachelors Degree in Science meeting the academic requirements of the scholarship and complete in time to commence studies at the Uni of Sydney in Semester 2 2014.
‣ Selection for a Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship is a merit-based and highly competitive process.
‣ Candidates will be selected in accordance with the following criteria:
‣ Applications will be reviewed and final selections decided by a committee comprising senior University of Sydney academic staff, and may include international representatives.
‣ The final selection of Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship candidates will be completed in November.
‣ Offer letters will be issued to successful applications shortly thereafter.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Applying for The Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship are two separate processes.
‣ Applicants must complete both stages.
‣ Before applying for The Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship you must have completed and submitted your online application for admission to the PhD (Science) as described here and be allocated a 9 digit Student Identification Number (SID). To apply for the scholarship you are required to complete an online application form.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 30th September 2013 (for semester two, commencing August 2014).
‣ The results will be notified by December 2013
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like