University of Strasbourg offers PhD Position in Computer Graphics and Geometric Modelling in France. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Uni of Strasbourg |France
Field(s): Computer Graphics and Geometric Modeling ( reconstruction and visualization of digitized 3D objects from scans and photographs)
Funded by: University of Strasbourg
Deadline: June 15, 2013.
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for French students.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: not specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: it is applicable for 3 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The net salary will be about 1500 euros per month.
‣ University of Strasbourg is offering 3-years PhD position for an excellent student in the field of computer graphics and geometric modeling at ICube Lab.
‣ Current 3D acquisition technologies can deliver highly accurate data on the shape of real-world objects.
‣ Despite the recent advances in the field of geometry processing and 3D reconstruction, producing complete and defect-free multi-scale geometric models of objects that are as complex as pieces of artwork or buildings still cannot be achieved in a full automatic way, which hampers massive scanning campaigns.
‣ Standard 3d reconstruction techniques often require a large amount of user interaction to adjust parameters or to perform corrections, which essentially rely on some visual criteria.
‣ The recent advances of 2D/3D registration techniques open up new lines of research to bring solutions to the problem of automatically reconstructing complete and multi-scale accurate 3D models with few constraints on the acquisition process.
‣ The goal of this thesis is to develop a technique that takes benefit from the information obtained from a set of photographs to evaluate and improve the reconstruction of 3D models from 3D scans.
‣ This technique will be based on a novel metric that allows to compare a calibrated set of photographs to a set of 3D scans.
‣ This technique will be studied in conjunction with a representation making it possible to visualize complex reconstructed models in real-time.
‣ The implementation will be achieved in C++ and it will be incorporated into the digitization software of the IGG group.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to avail University of Strasbourg PhD Position in Computer Graphics and Geometric Modeling.
‣ Master degree in Computer Science
‣ Basic skills in Computer Graphics and Geometric Modeling
‣ Good programming and communication skills
‣ Good level of English is mandatory.
Scholarship Application Method
‣Candidates are invited to contact us as soon as possible via the two following email addresses: allegre AT unistra DOT fr and dischler AT unistra DOT fr.
‣Please send us the following elements:
- a detailed CV;
- marks obtained during Licence and Master degree, or Engineering School degree; -a one-page motivation letter;
- a recommendation letter from teachers.
Scholarship Applications are due by June 15, 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like