University of Sheffield Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students in UK, and applications are submitted till Friday 15 April 2017. University of Sheffield is pleased to offer range of scholarships to students of high academic ability for September 2017 entry. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these scholarships. Scholarships are awarded to undertake undergraduate program at the university. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | UK
Level: undergraduate degree
Field(s): Scholarships are tenable in in the Faculties of Engineering, Science, Arts and Humanities, and the School of Law.
List of Subjects : -Engineering (Aerospace Engineering, Automatic Control & Systems Engineering, Bioengineering, Chemical & Biological Engineering, Civil & Structural Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic & Electrical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering)
-Science (Animal and Plant Sciences, Biomedical Science, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Physics and Astronomy, Psychology)
-Law and Arts (Archaeology, Biblical Studies, History, Philosophy, Music, School of English, School of Languages and Cultures) except Medicine and Dentistry.
Deadline: Friday 15 April 2017
Funded By: The University of Sheffield
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Sheffield Undergraduate Scholarships are targeted for international students
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: for undergraduate study years
‣ Scholarship covers: Each scholarship is worth 50% of the Undergraduate annual tuition fee. This is guaranteed in the first year of study and is available in each subsequent year, excluding any years in industry or years abroad, subject to achieving 60% or above in the previous academic year – this applies to all undergraduate programmes except Medicine and Dentistry.
The scholarships are worth £2,500 per year each for Engineering and Science. The scholarships are worth £2,000 per year each for Law and Arts.
‣ University of Sheffield is pleased to offer range of scholarships to students of high academic ability for September 2016 entry.
‣ Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these scholarships.University of Sheffield Undergraduate Scholarships are awarded to undertake undergraduate program at the university. :
‣ The University aims to assist international students who require financial assistance with scholarships specifically for International students.
‣ The University of Sheffield was founded over a hundred years ago, founded on the aspirations and financial support of the people of Sheffield. The University is ranked 97th in the world and 15th in the UK according to the 201-16 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, a rise of three and 24 places respectively.
‣ There are high entrance requirements for undergraduate degree programmes at Sheffield reflect the quality of the University. Applicants may be required to take an internationally recognized English language test such as IELTS.
‣ Each of scholarships has its own set of eligibility criteria which you should check carefully to make sure you are eligible before you apply.
‣ The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee
‣ The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying via Distance Learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
‣ Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
‣ The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
‣ The scholarships will be awarded unconditionally in the first year of studies. Receipt of the award in subsequent years of study is subject to the achievement of a 60% overall average mark in the previous academic year.
‣ The University of Sheffield Undergraduate Scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
‣ The scholarships will not be applied during any optional or compulsory study abroad periods or year in industry.
‣ The Scholarships will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
‣ The Alumni Reward can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
variety of qualifications can be considered for direct admission to
undergraduate bachelor degree programmes: A Levels, International
Baccalaureate and Other Qualifications (If you have other
qualifications such as the Higher Certificate (Part 1), Higher
Certificate (Part 2) or Certificates or Diplomas for degree level
English Language Requirements: Applicants may be required to take an internationally recognised English language test such as IELTS.
Scholarship Application Method
Undergraduate Programmes (eg BSc, BA, BEng/MEng)
You can make an application to study an undergraduate degree programme at the University of Sheffield from anywhere in the world.
It is important to apply as early as possible as demand for places on undergraduate degree programmes often exceeds the number of places available. You do not need to wait for final examination results or references before you apply for a study place.
All applications for undergraduate study in the UK, including The University of Sheffield, must be made through an organisation called Universities and Colleges Admissions Service or UCAS.
All applications must be made online through the UCAS website.
All undergraduate degree programmes at the University of Sheffield begin in September each year. We do not have an intake in January or February.
For detailed information on how to apply please visit the UCAS website.
Entrance requirements for Undergraduate Programmes
High entrance requirements for undergraduate degree programmes at Sheffield reflect the quality of the University.
The University of Sheffield has been welcoming students from all over the world for many decades and we have a lot of experience in assessing and understanding the many different international qualifications.
You may be required to take an internationally recognised English language test such as IELTS.
You can also find visit more information on entry requirements in our 'Your country' section.Foundation programmes for international students
If you do not meet the requirements for direct entry to our undergraduate degree programmes, you can be considered for our Foundation programmes.
The programmes are specifically designed to prepare international students for admission to undergraduate taught Masters degree programmes at the University of Sheffield.
Due Date : To
be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be studying for or
holding the International Baccalaureate Diploma, apply for an
undergraduate study place by Friday 15 April 2017.
applications must be made online through the UCAS website for
have to write a personal
and guidelines can be download from the official website
It is important to
read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link
found below) for detailed information on how to apply
2018, 2017 , FREE Scholarships, international , Fellowships