University of Pretoria Scholarships are offered for two Commonwealth PhD scholarships in South Africa. Commonwealth applicants (excluding South African students) are eligible for these scholarships. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Pretoria | South Africa
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the University of Pretoria in South Africa.
Deadline: 30 August 2013.
Funded By: University of Pretoria
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Pretoria Scholarships are targeted for Applicants who are citizens of Commonwealth countries (Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda,Botswana, Cameroon, Cyprus, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, The Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica , Kenya , Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone , Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands (British), Zambia (excluding South African students) excluding South African students.
‣ Award No: The University of Pretoria has made funds available for two doctoral scholarships for students coming from Commonwealth Countries (excluding South African students).
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarships will be for a maximum period of support of three academic years. Doctoral students who are not able to complete within the maximum three academic year period due to unforeseeable reasons must provide a written motivation supported by their supervisor as to why an extension is necessary. The extension request will be considered by the University’s Institutional Selection Committee.
‣ Scholarship covers: The value of the Doctoral Scholarships will be R120 000 in 2014. This amount must be used to cover the following student costs: Accommodation and living costs , Medical Aid, Books/Stationery.
‣ Fees will be covered by the award of a UP Postgraduate Scholarship Research costs will be covered by the Supervisor Additional costs covered by the University: Return flight ticket from home country Shuttle service on arrival in South Africa from OR Tambo International Airport to Pretoria and return from Pretoria to OR Tambo on completion. Application fee and Visa costs which will be refunded on proof of receipts on arrival.
‣ The University of Pretoria is a research intensive university. Hence, it is seeking candidates for doctoral studies who will make significant contributions to its research endeavor.
‣ As part of South Africa’s contribution to the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan, the University of Pretoria has made funds available for two doctoral scholarships for students coming from Commonwealth Countries (excluding South African students).
‣ University of Pretoria Scholarships will be known as the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarships and will be awarded on a competitive basis.
‣ The University of Pretoria has established a reputation for academic excellence, particularly in relation to some of its major research activities.
‣ Information about these research activities can be obtained from the website of the University.
To avail University of Pretoria Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ The UP Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarships will be awarded to applicants who are citizens of Commonwealth countries.
‣ Applicants must conduct their studies at the University of Pretoria.
‣ Applicants must have completed the degree that will give them admission to a doctoral programme a maximum of three years prior to their application for the University of Pretoria Commonwealth Doctoral Scholarship.
‣ Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age at the time of application.
‣ Masters students currently registered at the University of Pretoria are not eligible for the Doctoral Scholarship.
‣ Awards of these scholarships will be based on:
‣ The successful applicant will be informed by e-mail and official letter of acceptance. Candidates, who have not received written notification within eight weeks of the closing date, must please contact the Client Service Center: Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply electronically or by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications due date: The closing date for the 2014 Academic year is 30th August 2013.
You may also like
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Commonwealth, countires, DOCTORAL, Featured, PhD, Scholarship, SOUTH AFRICA