University of Oslo PhD Research Fellowships for for Norwegian and international applicants. Department of Social Anthropology invites applications for two PhD research fellowships at University of Oslo in Norway. Applications are open until 1 February 2014. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): : Department of Social Anthropology, University of Oslo | Norway
Level: PhD Research
Field(s): This fellowship is awarded in social anthropology at University of Oslo in Norway.
Deadline:1 February 2014.
Funded By: : Department of Social Anthropology, University of Oslo
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Oslo PhD Research Fellowships are targeted for Norwegian and international applicants.
‣ Award No: Two PhD Research Fellowships in Social Anthropology will be offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Department of Social Anthropology invites candidates to apply for two four- year or three-year program.
‣ Scholarship covers: •Pay grade 50 – 57 (NOK 416 600 – 468 400 per annum) •Academically stimulating working environment •Good pension benefits under the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund scheme •good welfare benefits
University of Oslo PhD Research Fellowships
‣ The Department wishes to recruit two PhD candidates with excellent research qualifications within Social Anthropology.
‣ Applicants should relate to one or more of the Department’s core research areas. Information about the core areas can be found on the Department’s website.
‣ The successful candidates are expected to strengthen the research area(s) they relate to, and to contribute to and participate in research activities at the Department. Each position is for four years and will include 25% teaching, supervision and examination.
‣ A three-year position without teaching can be offered to candidates where the Department does not have suitable work load, e.g. because of teaching language.
‣ The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender representation in the workforce and to recruit individuals with immigrant backgrounds.
Have what it takes University of Oslo PhD Research Fellowships?
‣ Applicants must have at least five years higher education including a two-year master’s degree or equivalent in social anthropology.
‣ The successful candidates must participate in the research training organized by the Faculty of Social Sciences (the PhD programme) and undertake research that will lead to the award of a PhD in social anthropology.
‣ Applicants are referred to the Guidelines for appointment as a PhD candidate at a university or university college. The two successful candidates will automatically be accepted for the PhD programme.
‣ Applicants must have good spoken and written command of a Scandinavian language and/or English.
‣ When evaluating the application, emphasis will be given to the project description, as well as the applicant’s academic and personal prerequisites to carry out the project.
‣ A good match between the candidate’s proposal and the Department’s activities and areas of competence is a main selection criterion along with the quality of the proposal and the qualifications of the candidate.
‣ Interviews will be held during the appointment process.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1 February 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Fellowships, International, Norway, PhD, research, Social Anthropology, University of Oslo