University of Minnesota, CBC offers 26 undergraduate scholarships for Continuing College of Biological Sciences(CBS) Students in USA. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Uni. of Minnesota, College of Biological Sciences | USA
Level: Undergraduate Degree
Field(s): Biological Sciences
Deadline: 4 February 2013
Funded by: College of Biological Sciences
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for students of USA .
Benefit( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: about 26 different scholarships are available for undergraduate students.
‣ Scholarship covers: Applicant must be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 credits) during the semester you receive your scholarship. All scholarships are disbursed during fall and spring semesters. If the student receives a $1000 scholarship, he/she will receive $500 during fall semester and $500 during spring semester.
‣ University of Minnesota, College of Biological Sciences is pleased to offer twenty six scholarships for undergraduate students.
‣ A meaningful evaluation by the scholarship committee usually requires that an applicant has a significant record of course work at the University, so most successful applicants will have at taken at least 60 credits from the U of M.
‣ Applications from students with fewer credits are occasionally successful in cases where there is evidence both of strong individual potential and of substantial financial need.
‣ On the other hand, students who would have as many as 120 credits by the time a scholarship award would take effect will be encouraged to graduate.
‣ The committee does not seriously consider these applicants, regardless of their academic qualifications, unless there is a sound justification for the extension of their undergraduate experience.
To qualify for University of Minnesota , CBS Undergraduate Scholarships, candidates must meet the following requirements:
‣ Students be enrolled full-time in the College of Biological Sciences during the 2013-2014 academic year.
‣ Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
‣ While financial need and other factors do play a significant role, a successful applicant will usually have a GPA of 3.2 or better and the average successful applicant will have a GPA of about 3.8.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by February 4, 2013
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website.
You may also like