University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships (UMGF) are offered to the International Students to pursue Master’s and PhD degree at the University. Full details:
‣ Beginning with the 2009/2010 academic year the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships will be further devolved to the Unit level. A unit is typically a Department but in the case of non-departmentalized faculties (e.g., Kinesology and Recreation Management, Law, Music, Pharmacy, and Social Work) can refer to a faculty, or even a program (e.g., Applied Health, Disability Studies Peace and Conflict Studies).
‣ UMGFs are being further devolved to the Unit level to increase the flexibility to whom and when these scholarships are awarded.
‣ The UMGF is used to determine the recipients of the listed supplemental awards, which are meant to be held with the UMGF.
‣ The same process is used to upgrade new Master’s UMGF recipients to the Manitoba Graduate Scholarship for Master’s students.
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Manitoba | Canada
Level: master’s degree and PhD Degree
Field(s): in all courses
Funded By: University of Manitoba
Deadline: Contact Employer
Beneficiaries( Target Group): University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships are open for International students. Tricouncil eligible students who do not apply for a tricouncil award may be considered ineligible for a UMGF.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: Not specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are offered for 12 months.
‣ Scholarship Covers: $16,000 for PhD students and $12,000 for Masters Students are offered in the fellowship.
‣ These supplemental award offers and MGS upgrades will occur in July of each year. Only students who have received an offer as of July will be included in the supplemental offers and upgrades.
‣ Awards which are paid on a biweekly basis, such as the UMGF, MGS or Tricouncil awards, are NOT automatically applied to your tuition. You are responsible for paying your own tuition.
To be considered for University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships, candidates must read carefully the criteria’s mentioned below:
‣ Academic standing: Students with a minimum GPA of 3.75 (above B+) at a recognized university based on a Bachelor, Masters, Graduate Diploma or a Doctoral degree.
‣ Please use admissions criteria in calculating GPA, i.e., last 60 credit hours or equivalent. Citizenship: All students regardless of citizenship are eligible to apply.
‣ Canadian citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply to CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC scholarships, if there are eligible for funding from these research councils. Tricouncil eligible students who do not apply for a tricouncil award may be considered ineligible for a UMGF.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Applications are to be submitted by post.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: Contact Employer
‣ The method of notification may vary depending on who is responsible for coordinating the award competition.
‣ Generally, applicants of awards coordinated and administered by the Faculty of Graduate Studies are notified in writing. The Faculty of Graduate Studies does not provide award status information by email, phone or in person.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline , and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like