University of Konstanz opened PhD Research Position. German Federal and State Governments are funding PhD Position for motivated candidates with interest in novel areas of nonequilibrium Statistical Mechanics, specifically the Nonlinear Rheology of dense liquids. Full details
School(Institutions/ Country): Univ of Konstanz | Germany
Level: PhD Research Program
Field(s): non equilibrium Statistical Mechanics, specifically the Nonlinear Rheology of dense liquids in Germany.
Deadline: 15 October 2013.
Funded By: German Federal and State Governments
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Uni of Konstanz PhD Research Position is targeted for German applicants.
‣ Award No: One PhD scholarships is offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: PhD position is available for a period of 36 months.
‣ Scholarship covers: (Salary Scale 13 TV-L/75 %)
University of Konstanz PhD Research Position
‣ We are looking for motivated candidates with interest in novel areas of non equilibrium Statistical Mechanics, specifically the Nonlinear Rheology of dense liquids.
‣ We develop first-principles approaches for the dynamics of complex liquids flowing in microfluidic channels.
‣ The effect of confining walls on the internal dynamics is studied, both numerically and analytically.
‣ Molecular-dynamics computer simulations, performed in the group, will provide tests for the theoretical approaches.
‣ Open questions concern the transfer of previously developed theoretical methods from the bulk to channels, and the description of inhomogeneous strain responses under applied external forces/stresses.
‣ Besides performing theoretical development, the PhD candidate is expected to work together with experimental groups in the DFG research unit FOR 1394 “Nonlinear response to probe verification”.
To avail University of Konstanz PhD Research Position , candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ The successful candidate will hold a Masters/Diploma degree in physics or a related science, and have first experience with numerical methods in physics and excellent knowledge in statistical physics.
‣ She/he should be highly motivated and is expected to participate in teaching undergraduate students to the usual extent.
‣ The Univ of Konstanz encourages disabled persons to apply.
‣ They will be given preference if appropriately qualified.
‣ The Uni of Konstanz is an equal opportunity employer that tries to increase the number of women in research and teaching.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply electronically or by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due on 15 October 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like