University of Kent, The School of European Culture and Languages is offering six 50th Anniversary Graduate Teaching Assistant Scholarships for new PhD students. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country):Uni. of Kent | UK
Level: Doctoral (PhD) Degree
Field(s): Classical and Archaeological Studies, Comparative Literature, English Language and Linguistics, French, German, Hispanic Studies, Italian, Philosophy, and Religious Studies
Deadline:17 March 2013.
Funded by: University of Kent, The School of European Culture and Languages
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for UK, EU and overseas fee-paying students.
Benefit( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: The School of European Culture and Languages offers six SECL 50th Anniversary Graduate Teaching Assistant Scholarships.
‣ Scholarship Duration:The scholarship will be offered for one year in the first instance, renewable for a maximum of three years .
‣ Scholarship covers: These scholarships cover full home/EU fees (this was £3,828 for 2012-13) plus a maintenance grant and a salary which will total an amount equivalent to that offered by the Research Councils for 2013 (the rate was £13,590 per year for 2012-13).
‣ In order to offer university of Kent Postgraduates the best possible start to their study, the School is pleased to announce the following scholarships for taught MA and research students.
‣ The scholarship swill be offered for one year in the first instance, renewable for a maximum of three years, subject to satisfactory academic performance.Recipients will be expected to undertake four hours of teaching per week over the three years of the award.
To be eligible for Uni. of Kent SECL 50th Anniversary Graduate Teaching Assistant Scholarships, candidates need to meet the following criteria:
‣ Hold a good Honours degree (First or 2i) or a Master’s degree at merit or distinction in a relevant subject or equivalent.
‣ Hold an offer of a place on a full-time doctoral research degree in the School of European Culture and Languages for the academic year commencing September 2013. -Have a high-quality research proposal.
‣ Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral suited to undergraduate teaching
‣ The SECL GTA competition is open to UK, EU and overseas fee-paying students.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply Online here for formal Application.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 17 March 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like