University of Hull PhD Scholarships for UK/EU or international students. University of Hull offers Health & Wellbeing PhD Scholarships for candidates applying for the areas within the Research Themes. Applications are open until 3rd February 2014. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Hull | UK
Field(s): ): Scholarships are provided in the Research Themes (Health & Wellbeing) including the areas: -Using auditory feedback to reduce acute and chronic itch: An interdisciplinary approach -Triggering the anti-cancer immune response by combined radio-photodynamic-therapy of liver tumours -The mechanism of TRPA1 activation -What are the implications for adult children care-givers of ageing parents in the context of the changing demographics of family life? -Generative audio-visual art for art therapy for long-term conditions -Development of diagnostic/predictive imaging biomarkers for the CXCR4 receptor in cancer using positron emission tomography -Development and assessment of a low-cost automatic telephone-based screening system for atrial fibrillation.
Deadline: 3rd February 2014.
Funded By: University of Hull
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Hull PhD Scholarships are targeted UK/EU or international students.
‣ Award No: \ 20 Scholarships will be offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration:Scholarships will be offered for three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: PhD Scholarships will include fees at the ‘home/EU’ student rate and maintenance (£13,726 in 2014/15), subject to final confirmation) for three years, depending on satisfactory progress. Full-time International Fee PhD Studentships will include full fees at the International student rate for three years, dependent on satisfactory progress but no maintenance.
‣ To celebrate the University’s research successes, the University of Hull is offering 20 full-time University of Hull PhD Scholarships for International Fees Bursaries for candidates applying for the areas within the Research Themes.
‣ Health is a major strand of research at Hull and one which embodies many of the University’s guiding principles.
‣ Health research is also one of the mechanisms through which the University acts as an anchor institution for the local community, providing support to local health trusts to develop new services and implement new technologies.
‣ Researchers, working at the cutting edge of their fields and collaborating with others around the world, are turning knowledge into real benefits for local people, ensuring that they receive improved care and better treatments.
Have what it takes to avail University of Hull PhD Scholarships?
‣ Applicants will be expected to hold a minimum of a UK upper second class Honours degree, or equivalent, in an appropriate discipline.
‣ Full-time International Fee PhD Studentships will include full fees at the International student rate for three years, dependent on satisfactory progress but no maintenance.
‣ Applicants are required to apply by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 3rd February 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, EU, International, Health, PhD, scholarships, UK