University of Hertfordshire offers Chancellors International Scholarships for Overseas students for 2013/14 acadamic year. Full details:
Schools( Institution/ Country): Uni. of Hertfordshire | UK
Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): Courses offered by the university
Deadline: 26th July 2013.
Funded by: University of Hertfordshire
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for Overseas students.
Benefits( Values/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: 130 achievement-based partial scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships will be awarded at registration as a fee deduction of £2,000 from the first year tuition fee. The scholarship is not available for subsequent years.
‣ Scholarship Covers: Total offer is of £2,000 each.
‣ The scholarship is available for all new full-time students who have been assessed as overseas for fee purposes and who have been issued an offer to study at the Uni. of Hertfordshire.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to avail University of Hertfordshire Chancellors International Scholarships.
‣ Current undergraduate Uni. of Hertfordshire students studying on-campus and who have completed part of their degree are not eligible to apply.
‣ Students who have completed a Uni. of Hertfordshire degree and are applying for postgraduate study at the University are eligible to apply.
‣ Students are not eligible for the Scholarship if they are applying to study any of the following courses: PhD, Pre-sessional English, English for Academic Studies, International Pre-Masters, Graduate Certificate in Business and Pre-LLM.
‣ Students applying for the International Foundation Programme may apply for the Scholarship providing they have obtained high grades in high school study and met the Scholarship English language requirement.
‣ Students who are studying on a Uni. of Hertfordshire degree at an overseas partner are eligible to apply for the Scholarship at the point of transfer to the University in the UK, during their first year of on-campus study only.
‣ Students who are studying at our partner college Hertfordshire International College (HIC) are eligible to apply for the Scholarship following completion of their studies with HIC.
‣ Candidates will be assessed on a competitive basis against the scholarship award criteria. There is no guarantee that students who meet the minimum requirements set out in the criteria will be successful in the overall competition.
‣ Scholarships will be awarded at registration as a fee deduction of £2,000 from the first year tuition fee. The scholarship is not available for subsequent years.
‣ The University of Hertfordshire Chancellor’s International Scholarship can be held in addition to the Graduate Scholarship and, if paying in full at registration, the £500 reduction for full payment.
‣ Candidates will be required to meet all conditions of registration before the Scholarship is awarded.
‣ The Scholarship is non-transferable. Applicants who choose to defer their place or change their programme of study will be required to re-submit their application.
‣ Candidates holding a conditional offer who do not meet the conditions of their offer of a place, or of their offer of a scholarship, will forfeit the award.
‣ The decision of the selection panel is final and there is no right to appeal.
‣ The University will not enter into individual correspondence with applicants during the selection process.
Eligibility criteria: The Chancellor’s International Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Apply by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 26th July 2013.
‣ Results will be communicated two weeks after the application deadline.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like